Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

To all you Canadians out there:
A majority of my heritage is from the UK and then through Canada, Nova Scotia in particular. Taking a trip to Nova Scotia and surrounding areas has always been on my agenda, even more so now that I have a Goldwing.

So what's a good time to visit. I live in the south here in the States and really have no idea when the weather is good enough to come for a ride through.

Any suggestion on where to go while there? Any web resources you can recommend?

TIA! :waving:

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
imported post

I have a sister who lives in New Brunswick and we have visted several times over the past few years. My suggestion is the fall when all the leaves have changed. There's an interesting article in this month's Inside Motorcycling magazine about that very area. I doubt you can get the magazine in the southern US but if you want to drop me an e-mail, I can send you a photocopy.

Cheers and all the best...

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
imported post

The best time to visit Nova Scotia is June or September. If you are into the fall colours then the first two weeks of Octoberare good. These dates would put you in the "shoulder" tourist season so the rates will be better and there will be lots of rooms/campsites available. If I can help you plan your trip, let me know.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
imported post

If your planning a Fall visit, the " Chester Road " is quite pretty. Thats the # 14 running betweenWindsorand the South Shore. The # 12 does bascially the same thing and is quite nice as well. Most of the side roads offer great riding. A real early run to Peggys Cove to see a sunrise wouldn't be wasted either!

BTW there are lots of good mom and pop resturants on these side roads withlots offabulous food.

Grant in Halifax

84 Aspencade

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.