Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Anti-Guru
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Hello all, and thank you for having been such a valuable resource for these past years (yep, years as a guest :().

I believe that there are two items to address initially, one being my current wing, and two "What's with the user name?"

First - It's a GL1500 from 1988 that just moved into my garage. the previous owner used it as a commuter and it seems to have had a moderate level of maintenance coupled with the "sitting outdoors all day" sort of weathering. New to me and I'm excited to have it. My previous Wings have been in the 1200 and 1000 classes (2 @ 1200 and 4 @1000).

Now, the user name... Well, my name is Stan; I've been "Stan" from a very early age and plan on keeping that trend going. However, some time ago, in the earliest days of the home PC (the BBS days for some of the oldsters) a typographical error was made on one prominent Bulletin Board; it seems as though the SysOp added one extra letter into my name. Of course, I'm too lazy to worry about such things and my online name was pretty much set for me from that point going forward. The was I see it, the "s" is not capitalized, that's something entirely different, and with an online name like this, I've gotta work extra hard to not earn the reputation that could be assigned.

I'm glad I'm here, very glad to have my new 1500 project, and I'll be pleased to help any of you however I can.

- Stan

Lakewood, CO

·
Pops
4,519 Posts
imported post

Hello and welcome from Arizona.

·
Premium Member
4,472 Posts
imported post

Welcome Aboard!:waving:

·
Premium Member
20,619 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the Forum from Kansas, USA!!! :waving:

I hope you find the Forum as informative and as much fun as we do!!:cooldevil:

Again, Welcome Aboard!! :action:

·
Premium Member
7,133 Posts
imported post

Hey Stan! :waving: from Hamburg, NY
[align=center]THIS IS A GREAT PLACE TO BE![/align]

If you have Goldwing Technical Smarts - GIVE IT! :2finger:

If you need help - ASK FOR IT! :blushing:
If you know of an event coming up or a cool ride you went on - SHARE IT! :banana:

If you have a joke or funny story - TELL IT! :cheeky1:[/align]
If you have prayers to give or need some - FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE, SAY IT! :angel:

If you have anything bad to say to or about anyone on this forum - STUFF IT! :whip:

[align=center] WELCOME TO THE FAMILY!!!
:cooler:[/align]

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum, from sunny Southern Califonria:action:

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Welcome from the state of Pennsylvania!

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

Welcome to this Great Site!

Pull up a chair and join on in!

Ride Safe, Ray

:waving:

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
imported post

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

Hello from Virginia,

Welcome Aboard!!!!!

Glad to have you with us!

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

·
Premium Member
6,870 Posts
imported post

Welcome from the
Steve Saunder's GOLDWING FORUM

A Big Welcome FromTEXAS

·
Anti-Guru
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
imported post

turned inat about 475 miles for the weekend...

... not a bad ride - forks are next after I wear-out the chrome polish.

Turned in a nice 38mpg with everything set to "ultra-soft" and a little to fast ;)

- and thanks again for all the work to make the deal !

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
imported post

Thanks for finally joining the membership Stan. May I WELCOME you from north Texas??!!!:waving::waving::waving::waving::waving::waving::waving::waving:

·
Anti-Guru
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
imported post

There's a North Texas? I thought that was Oklahoma? (damned grade-school geography classes) :)

Glad to be here, and thanks for the welcome - I still giggle each time I read your user-name :)

·
Premium Member
6,193 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the greatest forum on the web.

That user name makes me giggle to

·
Anti-Guru
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Revisiting old posts.

Days come where looking into our past can help to remind us of all types of things. Thank you for accepting me.

I'm glad I'm here, and quite fond of the memories & knowledge archived within this forum. One bit that I seem to take for granted is how everyone here presents an immediate sense of family. Personally, I attribute this sense of familial responsibility to the founder of this forum, and his willingness to reach out and share his knowledge; perhaps each of us are in our own way following Mr. Saunder's lead.

I've really nothing to say; I just appreciate being here. Thank you all for reading through my 2600+ posts of typos and run-on sentences.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Welcome Stan to Goldwingfacts. I'm a new member too. I joined the site this year in January 2014. A short story about me and how i got into riding. I began riding motorcycles in thre middle 70's while my dad was stationed in Germany. My fist bike was a Honda 50, I rode that bike everywhere and always wore my helmet. Graduated H/S in 1977 and returned to the good old USA. After a few years I joined the USAF. I got away from riding, got married, kids, dogs, house, oh yea and the wife. I've wanted to start riding again for years, but just didn't get there. My oldest brother an avid bike rider for all of his life, now retired called and said he found a Honda Goldwing for sale. I told him I couldn't get into a M/C at the time. He told me he would help. While he was telling me about this GW, I was thinking to myself, I can't get into a bike right now. He then said the GW's the same blue as my old Ford Raner truck I used to have. Well I had to have it. That was in November 2013 we bought the 1993 GW. Just before attending the safety course, my wife found a helmet and motorcycle jacket on our bed. My wife asked if I was buying a motorcycle, of coruse I said no! I'm just getting ready for the motorcycle safety course. Now the wife asked if i was buying one, not if i bought one. Very BIG difference between buying one and bought one. I know I'm messing with life as I know it. But what the heck, better to ask forgiveness, then to ask, "honey, sweetie, babe, can I buy a M/C. YEA YOU KNOW THE ANSWER...

·
Premium Member
68,164 Posts

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.