Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 256 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
imported post

Paladin means loyal companion/friend. And to my friends "I HAVE BEEN AND WILL BE YOUR FRIEND" to the death of one of us. They can count on me always.---P

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
imported post

Maybe I should have gone to handle school 101 cause it seems I failed.

My handle would have been Andrew but that was already taken, so Andrewl cause my name is Andrew and my last name starts with l

Its not rocket science.

Andrew

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
imported post

i am a police officer and when i started 12 was my badge number. happy to say i have since moved up.

·
Premium Member
4,948 Posts
imported post

Hobie, because my dad was nicknamed Hobie after a TV show called "Hobie Gilman, Texas Ranger". My dad had been a policeman in Texas(a motorcycle cop at that, on a Harley) and when we had to move to Illinois to take over my Grandma's farm due to her failing health.A barmaid in a local tavern started calling my dad "Hobie" because of his past occupationand it stuck.It was funny that some people actually believe he had been a "Ranger".

It's tradition in my town to nickname the son after the father. (The local folk don't have much imagination, but I guess it beats something like "Butthead" or the like.:D)

1 because I was using Hobiewan as a handle but then I started getting flaky responses in association with Starwars.

Shooter, got to love our handguns. I've shot competively and really enjoy shooting in general. I've got a Clark modified Ruger .22 cal. and love it. I've also got a couple of Les Baer's competition .45 cals and they are tack drivers.

Regards,

Hobie

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
imported post

I am not the most creative person when it comes to making up handles or personal plates. When I was on the phone to the lady at the licence issuing office, I must have tried about 50 different possibilities. My wife thought of 01 - (2001 model year of bike) hgw - (Honda Gold Wing). There you have it.

Attached photo is from the Ride For Sight Awareness ride on May 21st. We got off of our bikes just in time before the skies opened up. We had a bout 250 - 300 bikes take part in this ride. The actual ride which is June 25th, will have about 2 - 3,000 bikes if not more in the parade. Canada's largest charity parade. www.rideforsight.org

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
imported post

Renegade comes from my call sign in Viet Nam. I was in the Forward Air Control 21 TASS.. We flew small Cessna 01's and spotted for the jets that came in from the carriers..:weightlifter:

I didn't conform to the rules and always gave theguys griefe at the LZ. I'm the first to admit I was and still am a little reckless. What's life if you can't live it to the fullest. My son's in-laws think I'm crazy because I still ride a motorcycle and fly a plane at my age. I think nothing of getting up in the middle of the night and go for a ride that lasts until I either get sleepy or the sun comes up. I told my squeeze I was going to the store one night after dinner and ended up in Kutztown PA the next day.. Oh well!!!!!!

Life is good...:12beige:

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
imported post

Since I love Sci-Fi,it is from the eternal champion series by Michael Moorcock.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
imported post

As a member of the Southern Cruisers, Itook the handle of Retro48. Retro because I like the old School Bikes and 48 because my other bike is is a 1948 Panhead reproduction with a slight twist. Both my Goldwing and this bike live in harmony in the same garage.Sometimes, late at night I hear " He likes me best---No he likes ME best!" I like them both for different reasons.

Loud Pipes are Loud Pipes

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey Hawkmoon :waving: Welcome to the forum and visit often. :clapper:
:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

hoss1200 wrote:
mine is hoss cos of my last name[cartwright]
Hey i loved that show "Bonanza" Adam and little Joe were my favorites. :clapper:

:coollep::18red::coollep:

·
Senior Guru
2,234 Posts
imported post

Remember that one episode of Bonanza where Hoss got mad at his horse, slugged it and it fell over. I've never forgotten that one.

Redwing, did you have the original TV show Bonanza running on your TV in Ireland back in the early sixties or did you only get to see it on the later reruns?

Vic

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
hoss1200 wrote:
mine is hoss cos of my last name[cartwright]
Hey i loved that show "Bonanza" Adam and little Joe were my favorites. :clapper:
Bonanza was okay but couldn't hold a candle to Mat, Kitty and Doc on Gunsmoke!

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
Bonanza was okay but couldn't hold a candle to Mat, Kitty and Doc on Gunsmoke!
Yeah i liked Gunsmoke to :coollep:and what about The Lone Ranger. :walker:What name did Tonto call the Lone Ranger?

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

fatalattraction wrote:
Hey Red. I can't spell KEMOSABIE???? (sp)
Kemosabe

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

fatalattraction wrote:
Hey Red. I can't spell KEMOSABIE???? (sp)
Hey fatalattraction :waving:Correct. :clapper:

41 - 60 of 256 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.