Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Leaving in the morning to make a run in both directions the full length of the parkway. Am I gonna freeze my butt off or is it still reasonably pleasant?

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
imported post

Not trying to be a smart alec (okay I really am) but you are going on a forum to ask if it's cold outside?

Forgive me, I couldn't resist.

;)

·
Premium Member
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

FeButter wrote:
Not trying to be a smart alec (okay I really am) but you are going on a forum to ask if it's cold outside?

Forgive me, I couldn't resist.

;)
Well, since I'm at low elevation on the coast 400 miles from the mountains and since there are no weather reports specific to the higher elevations of the BRP, I was hoping to hear from someone who has made the ride fairly recently and can give first hand info.

Pardon me if I was out of line. Maybe I'll direct my query to another forum. :(

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

It is going to be in the 60s here in Knoxville tomorrow. I imagine the parkway will be pretty cold early and be a beautiful ride as it warms. I imagine your temps on the parkway will be high 40s to mid 50s. Just a wag on my part. Enjoy the ride!

Dubs

·
Premium Member
1985 GL1200 Limited Edition
3,486 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
imported post

Hey Fritz, Like I said, I'm just a smart alec. Don't take offence! I hope you have a great ride.

Up here we're wondering when we'll get our first snow.

·
Premium Member
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Thanks for the weather links. Guess I gotta worry about getting rained on too. O well, should be an interesting ride.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

Dubs is right. We rode it last weekend and on the flat lands when we got off it was in the mid 70s and sunny. On the BRP it was windy and froze the whole day, at least 20 to 25 degree difference and between the wind and the windfrom the bike, it felt even colder. Once you get west of Boone area, it really gets cold

·
Premium Member
1,523 Posts
imported post

i was in virginia this past week , near the west virginia line. cool temps in the day and a little chilly at night but the leaves were beautiful. wished i was on the bike and not in a work truck. have fun and enjoy the ride

·
Premium Member
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Here I am in beautiful Blowing Rock NC. Left at 6:30 am and the first couple of hours were the coldest part of the ride. But that will change. It's supposed to get down to 30 degrees tonight so the morning will be less than fun. The leaves are still on the trees so the people are still out in doves. Every overlook I passed on the parkway was loaded with car and more parked on the shoulder. can't blame them, this is on of natures finest spectacles. *If you've never seen it, you owe it to yourself. I didn't but a had full of pics but here's one.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Sorry. The stupid touchpad on this netbook screwed up the las sentence. It should have read -

Didn't take but a handful of pic but here's one.

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
imported post

We were near there yesterday as well. Temp's were not bad and the scenery was nice. BTW, there are lot's of other roads near the BRP that are just as nice and not so full of "leaf'ers", as we just to call them.
JimC in NC

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

My son and his mate have recently spent a few days up that way and I am sooooooooo jealous of y'all. :sadguy:

Watch out for leaves on the roads when they do fall, not good when they get wet and slippery.

:(

Have fun, those of you able to enjoy such beautiful surroundings. :thumbsup::waving:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.