Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I got my first Goldwing October 2004.Super clean 1981 GL1100 I love it.I recently went to a rally and was told it has a very rare faring on it.I person told me it was called a Califea its very different thn any ive ever seen in my 50 years of biking.The bags match and they have BATES stickers in them.He told me they were only made a year or two.Do I hear any input on this.Please help...Thanks
PS;I also have a 1972 CB750 four old schoo; chopper 19K on it I got it in 1975 Its super clean.I love to ride it but me back wont let me ride far soooo thats why I got the WING.

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum. Can you post a picture of the fairing?

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
imported post

Another welcome, I've seen/heard of Catalena and Clipper.A picture would definitely help.... :gunhead:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Welcome Oldwingrider49, to this great forum, we would all like to see a pic of this bike of yours, none of us tire of seeing Wings and unusual ones especially.

Pete

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Greetings OLDWINGRIDER49 :waving:Welcome to the best Goldwing Forum on the net. :clapper:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
imported post

Hey oldwingrider, Great looking bike, but you gotta get the lady some armrests. :D

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

Excellent Bike! But what is that cylindrical thing under the trunk? Taillight bezel??

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Brojees wrote:
Excellent Bike! But what is that cylindrical thing under the trunk? Taillight bezel??
Hey "Me" sure like that bike, really clean looking!

Never have seen a fairing like that, but it looks great!

Brojees, that thing in back looks like a "PA loud speaker"?! But it might be a "Deer Alert" ?!:baffled::goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Brojees wrote:
rear facing missile launcher, for tailgaters, I like it:clapper::clapper::goofygrin:

Lovely looking bike, oldwingrider49, never seen a fairing like that on this side of the pond, nice to have something a bit different, in the world of Wings.:cooler:

Pete

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

wingdawg101 wrote:
Brojees wrote:

Brojees, that thing in back looks like a "PA loud speaker"?! But it might be a "Deer Alert" ?!:baffled::goofygrin:
Isnt a "Deer alert" really a "Dear Alert"? You know, when your wife wants you to do something, and you figger it out before she gets "Dear..." out of her mouth?

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

We've had pictures of a similar fairing on the forum before. I wish I could remember the name. You want to wait a little longer after hitting send, if you wait a full minute after the first 'send' click before you try it again there's less chance of getting a bunch of duplicates.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Hello the dude that built this showed it in parades.Those are a PA system ( like the show chips had ) I also have a matching trailer.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
imported post

clean clean clean.......I have the exact same faring on my 78 Gl 1000......made by Bates, it is one of aprox 500 made by them from what I have found out.....

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

frogpoop wrote:
clean clean clean.......I have the exact same faring on my 78 Gl 1000......made by Bates, it is one of aprox 500 made by them from what I have found out.....
:clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::cooler:

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

OLDWINGRIDER49 wrote:
Hello the dude that built this showed it in parades.Those are a PA system ( like the show chips had ) I also have a matching trailer.
So as to the fairing and how it works... Have you ridden a vetter or honda fairing? Does this one work as well? Better? The shape is so different...

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
imported post

works well for me for the last 11000 miles this year so far......sure get some comments on mine, less drag vs the wind jammer....

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
imported post

The faring looks good on the wing, but it looks goofy on the bmw.:baffled:

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

dean_3326 wrote:
The faring looks good on the wing, but it looks goofy on the bmw.:baffled:
I agree !:goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
imported post

wingdawg101 wrote:
Brojees wrote:

Either that or a PANCAKE GUN. :goofygrin: :grinner: :goofygrin: :grinner:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.