Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Just wondering what is on your bucket list as far as bike trips/routes you want to take, etc. Or, maybe a bike you have been wanting all of your life...I know some of you are living the dream right now.

My last kid graduates high school in 3 years. The day he graduates (First day or two of June2014) My wife and I plan to load up the bike and trailer and take off for a Month long bike vacation to anywhere we want! Already started a $kitty and have $400 saved! By then I figure we would probably need at least$4,000 in order to do all that we want to do.

We just wan to hit some of the great places in the U.S.A. Camp 1/3 time and hotel the other and stay with friends and relatives. We always talk about where we would go, etc. I can imagine 30 days on the road!! I get 34 days of PTO per year (6 of those days have to be used for holidays), so that leaves me with about 5 1/2 weeks to use as I want. If we start the trip June 3rd I can probably push it into the week of July 4th and still have a week of PTO left to use at will.

I know many things can change, but a man has to have plans to think about and things to look forward to.

Also on the bucket list is to go to Switzerland, rent a wing or something as close as possible and tour the area for 2 weeks.

P.S Just noticed I hit the t twice when I named this topic. Sorry. Could not change it

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Wow. That sounds awesome!!

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
imported post

At my age you don't have a bucket list, just a coffee can list.....then you can use the coffee can for other things, like next to the bed in the camper........

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,166 Posts
imported post

ES7 here in about 2 weeks,

that is a definite MUST DO trip.

See ya'll there :waving:

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
imported post

Bucket List trip for 2012:

Montana, North Dakota, Idaho, Oregon, Washington;

Ride across the Golden Gate Bridge, ride the Pacific Coast Highway.

Visit Yosemite.

I plan to livemy life like Tim McGraw suggests:

"I went sky diving, I went rocky mountain climbing,
"I went two point seven seconds on a bull named Fu Man Chu.
"And I loved deeper and I spoke sweeter,
"And I gave forgiveness I'd been denying."
An' he said: "Some day, I hope you get the chance,
"To live like you were dyin'."

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

I have the bike I want

I have traveled to most places I wanted to see.

My main dream is to hopefully have good health when I retire.

Good enough to allow me and the wife to go on a six month bike trip traveling the back roads of the country and hitting all 49 states and some of Canada.

Will it ever happen. I hope so, but if not I will not feel cheated one bit, because when we want to go, we just go!!

My signature line pretty must sums it up.:waving:

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

I someday want a map of the USA Like djoyner has as his avatar (were do you get those anyways?) Totally filled!

Starting with the purchase of a 98 to 2003 GL1500. I like my GL1200, but I want power!

6 weeks - Travel the southern teir out to California, up the PCH to Washington. Alaska for a week of fishing and touring, maybe the train through Alaska. Then head south and zig zag throughout the United Stated..... Back to the east coast.

Weather that will ever happen....... don't know, would like it to. But either way, if I get to spend those six weeks on the road with the one I love or I just get to stay here at home with her, as long as I'm with her, that's all that will really matter to me.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
imported post

Lake superior loop

yellowstone, glacier, yosemite

pacific coastal highway

Lolo pass

all 50 states

Route 66

Natchez Trace

all canada provinces

and still reading all these post for things to add to the list

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
imported post

jobe05 wrote: , if I get to spend those six weeks on the road with the one I love or I just get to stay here at home with her, as long as I'm with her, that's all that will really matter to me.

Get a Room !!! LOL

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
imported post

A 650 Bonneville- late 60's preferred.

A loop around the great lakes andride to Prince Edward Island- that's all! (on my GL1500 that is- not on the bonnie)

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
imported post

A friend of mine said the secret to a long life is to always have the next year planned. It must work because he died 6 months short of his 100th birthday.

So with that in mind:

This year a week riding around the Monterey, Ca. area

Next year, a week in St. George Ut. riding the national Parks

Year after that, Hawaii......will have the Grandkids, so no riding

I'll probably retire in 3 or4 years then I'll go and do whatever I can afford.

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
imported post

Bucket list : Get a Bushtec trailer so my wife and I can do some of the traveling through our glorious USA and return home safely!!

·
Administrator
26,544 Posts
imported post

The Alaska highway.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
imported post

1. See the Pyramids
2. Ride Goldwings in Scotland
3. A torrid weekend with Ewelina Olczak.
4. Easter Island
5. The rock of Gibraltar
6. Oh CANADA!

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

Thanks for the link Dean.

OK, heres what my travel map looks like so far.......

Sad........ Very Sad.....:( Good thing I live here.....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
imported post

2 month ride to alaska and back would be the one for me. Enough time to get lost alot and find my way back.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.