Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Its only been a month since I've had Bargoyle, yet I am already planning for my next upgrade. I am trying to decide if rebuilding/restoring is the way to go, or if upgrading to a newer bike is best. If upgrading is the answer, then what do most people regard as the best wing ever (considering form, function, price, etc)...?

Gracias!!!

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

Best wing ever? The GL1000 of course! Simple, naked, easy to work on, and fun to ride. What could be better?

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
imported post

The Best Wing is the one your riding :D:D:D:D

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Well this darn neighbour of mine has had all the wings so far :clapper:and he tells me that the :18red:is the rolls royce of them all. The only point he strongly makes is that she must be the fastest colour :weightlifter:to be good.

:jumper::18red::jumper:

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
imported post

I like the apearance of the 75-77 gl1000:1000yellow:, & the gl1100's.:11red: Both perform well.

I'd have say the gl1100 was the best.

She came with:

• an electronic ignition
  • air suspension
  • adjustable seat
  • & they came dressed or naked
My personal opinion, is the gl1200 looks goofy head on :12ltd:, & mother Honda tried to hide the machine with the gl1500:15white:, then cross bred it with a crotch rocket for the gl1800:18white:. I understand that they may ride & handle great, but I just can't get past the looks. I prefer the gl1800 Valkyrie Interstate over the new Wings. I guess it's the gear head in me.:cheeky1:I've got a 76 :1000yellow:& love it.

Well, there my $.02

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
imported post

The best wing ever? the one I'm on right now.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey paladin :waving: Welcome to the forum and visit often. :clapper:
:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
imported post

can only comment on the 1500 and 1800 as that is all i have owned and riden for me it has too be the 1800 - head and shoulders better than the 1500. the 1800 is a different beast altogether than the 1500.

The real answer is as stated by others the bike you currently ride and to be honest i thought that each of the bikes was the dogs dangly bits and would be happy with either

rgds

Phil

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Hard to beat the 1200 LTD/SEI (literally) Probably wouldn't recommend now but they were fine machines and probably the peppiest until the 1800.

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
imported post

You're all Daffy.... The GL1200 Aspencades are the best... Bullet proof engines, rain resistant & just plain pretty... :12beige: Something like the one I ride...

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
imported post

I really loved my 1200, a lot quicker than my 1500. Arthritis said I needed reverse to get backed into or out of places. So really had no choice. Really love my 1500. will be riding it for a long time, these things just won't die. But when all is said and done, what ever 'Wing you're riding is the best one for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

Best Wing is an impossible question, they are all best wings. We all have certain preferences, but then we all love all Wings.

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
imported post

Brojees wrote:
Best Wing is an impossible question, they are all best wings. We all have certain preferences, but then we all love all Wings.

The best Wing is whichever one I happen to be riding at the time...... :clapper: :gunhead:

·
Registered
177 Posts
imported post

The best wing ever............any wing, any year, any size, as long as it is coloured GOLD.....;).......GOLDWING.......... JJ 91se:cool:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey :stumped: How long is this thread going to be. :stumped: Anybody that knows anything about m/cycles would know darn well that the :18red:is the best touring m/cycle in the world. :clapper:The question asked by ubarw was "What do people regard as the best wing ever" :jumper: Now anymember who cannot answer that question truthfully needs their head examined. :whip:

:walker::18red::walker:

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
imported post

I've owned the following;

GL1000 Nice bike. Not sure if it's sports or tourer.

GL1100 Brilliant bike. Easy to work on. Only overshadowed by the 1500.

GL1200 Hated it with a vengance. Poor handling. Pig to maintain (which I had to do all too often).

GL1500 Extra brilliant bike. Long legged, comfortable, easy to work on. My long term aim is to get another one if I ever get the chance to go long distances again.

GL1800 Never ridden. Saw one, thought Morris Minor and just can't get that thought out of my head.

After all that. The best wing is the one that best suits your needs and is reliable.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Graham B wrote:
GL1800 Never ridden. Saw one, thought Morris Minor and just can't get that thought out of my head.
You have a lot to learn. :stumped:

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

What did "Emilio Scotto" Ride ?

emilioscotto.com

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
imported post

Graham B wrote:
I've owned the following;

GL1000 Nice bike. Not sure if it's sports or tourer.

GL1100 Brilliant bike. Easy to work on. Only overshadowed by the 1500.

GL1200 Hated it with a vengance. Poor handling. Pig to maintain (which I had to do all too often).

GL1500 Extra brilliant bike. Long legged, comfortable, easy to work on. My long term aim is to get another one if I ever get the chance to go long distances again.

After all that. The best wing is the one that best suits your needs and is reliable.
I appreciate all the replies, but this is the type I was hoping for... I want to know what people think of the various models before I go looking at bikes...

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.