Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after agonizing for so long, im considering the avon venom tires for the 1500.

who has the cheapest prices online ?

and what are your opinions of these tires?

thank you

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
I loved the Avons on my VTX 1800, ran them for without issue for 6 of the 7 years I owned it. Can't remember how many sets I used but I really like the way they worked on that bike. Having said that, I have no idea how they will handle on a 1500.

I always got mine through Direct Line Parts dot com. I would wait for sale days, like Memorial Day, Labor Day, etc to order mine.

Hope this helps?;)

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i went with moto X outlet

122.00 for the front venom am 41

153.00 for the rear venom am42

plus 20. shipping for the pair

297.00 for both

im african-american, so i didnt want to go "darkside":ROFL::ROFL::shock:....lol!

now the hard part, changing them puppies out:?

thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
after agonizing for so long, im considering the avon venom tires for the 1500.

who has the cheapest prices online ?

and what are your opinions of these tires?

thank you
I've gotten great service and prices from >>>>>http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/ <<<<<<< I usually have them in three days shipped to where I work.

·
Premium Member
67,784 Posts
My last 2 tires 1 a stone and 1 a Cobra, the best price was from Jake Wilson....

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i went with moto X outlet

122.00 for the front venom am 41

153.00 for the rear venom am42

plus 20. shipping for the pair

297.00 for both

im african-american, so i didnt want to go "darkside":ROFL::ROFL::shock:....lol!

now the hard part, changing them puppies out:?

thanks guys!

ordered them after i posted here yesterday, got them at noon today....dats fast!

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Wow Mr. Vern.. that was fast.. I think you will love the venom's .. I had them on my 1998 Valkyrie.. the best tire I ever put on it and I even plan on putting them on my 2010 Wing when its time.. Of course thats if someone doesnt talk me into going to the Darkside first... so there I said it.. and I'm Caucasion...I think..
Ted

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow Mr. Vern.. that was fast.. I think you will love the venom's .. I had them on my 1998 Valkyrie.. the best tire I ever put on it and I even plan on putting them on my 2010 Wing when its time.. Of course thats if someone doesnt talk me into going to the Darkside first... so there I said it.. and I'm Caucasion...I think..
Ted

i installed the venoms. best choice ive made. bike is super stable all around, tracks much better than the k177's that were on it.

........even with leaky forks and worn steering bearings!

now gotta dig into replacing those:bow::sadguy:

·
X-Roughneck
1,229 Posts
Thanks Mr.Vern,that's good to know.Got me thinkin about putin a Venom on the front of my 1500 and will probly order them at the same place you did.It has a Stone with only 2K on it now (3mo old) and looks like new,but that dam thing howls so bad when i lean,it's coming off.I wouldn't think ANY tire will Howl as loud as the Stone.

·
Friend of Bill W.
1,930 Posts
Thanks Mr.Vern,that's good to know.Got me thinkin about putin a Venom on the front of my 1500 and will probly order them at the same place you did.It has a Stone with only 2K on it now (3mo old) and looks like new,but that dam thing howls so bad when i lean,it's coming off.I wouldn't think ANY tire will Howl as loud as the Stone.
E-3 will compete.

My car tire is silent. I mean, I think my bike is an electric bike on a rail.

·
X-Roughneck
1,229 Posts
Thanks Larry,That's good to Know. Got 491 II's on the 1200 and they are quiet enough they don't bother me,so an E3 might of been considered,but those Stones,i'll tell ya what,going around long curves drives me nuts.To have a motorcycle that is soooooo smooth and quiet,then hear that super loud HOWLLLLLL is crazy i think.What a very bad designed tire when it comes to the quiet department.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.