Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1993 gl1500, 1976 gl1000
3,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hey guys: I'm looking at going to a 1500. What are the basic differences in the Aspy and the SE models? Say from 97 to 2000. I've searched and read the history pages but still don't know what the exact differences are. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
imported post

Tom,
Just stumbled across your thread. Geez, everybody deserves some sort of response; I was surprised to see no one ->to date<- had posted!
And I'm not much of a source for your question either. However since you've got an Aspencade you've already got some of your answers. It's an obvious step up from an Interstate or Standard. It's in the options added, so you should expect to see similarities in Aspy's of other years.
But the SE "Special Editions" may be something altogether unrelated in their given model year. While trolling around in the Forums (at an earlier time) I stumbled across a discussion about the '86 GL1000 SEI.

:shock:Now that should make you do a double take! Evidently an "Anniversary Special" related to the original '76 intro G/W FCW but with a "state-of-the-art" fuel injection upgrade. {I believe the regular production models were 1200cc F.I. engines}
:gunhead:So by extension of similar lines of marketing thought, one might conclude that a "SE" of the '97 to 2000 year may or may not exist [although an Aspencade most likely will] and if one was produced it would most likely have been motivated by some special occasion and/or milestone achievement. I would think one could expect a "Set-apart" paint scheme and "as good or better" options package comparable to it's sister model year Aspencade.
Hope it helps.
Steve

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
imported post

The SEs have two tone paint, foot warmer flaps,rear speakers, and cornering lites.

Thats all I can think of, but I might have missed something.

·
Premium Member
1993 gl1500, 1976 gl1000
3,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks guys for the responses. Ihad forgotten about this question. I now have the 1500 Aspy and have since learned the differences. Thanks again!

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

I beleive the SE also has the adjustable passenger foot boards. And I was told by another that the upper dash vents have the cold & hot air option like the lower vent on my aspy.

Please correct me on any of this,,,,,,,,,,, cuz I like to know what I'm talking about:cheeky1:

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
imported post

Different radio, too. The cassette deck is logic controlled. (Big deal)

Lit handlebar controls

Windshield vent

That neat led loaded spoiler.

·
Premium Member
6,870 Posts
imported post

:action: I have a 98 SE it has all the above options, also have chrome mirrors with signal lights :action:

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

y'all pretty well covered it.

Nice avatar **** WA. My feelings exactly.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
imported post

**** WA. wrote:
The SEs have two tone paint, foot warmer flaps,rear speakers, and cornering lites.

Thats all I can think of, but I might have missed something.

Hey ****; would you be familiar with how do those "Foot Warmer Flaps" work? Sounds kinda' trick!

Ride daddy Ride ->Steve

·
Premium Member
1,591 Posts
imported post

They are flaps that you can open and close with a knob under the right speaker. Lets the heat from the engine flow over your feet.

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
imported post

works great the foot warmers,and yes the ajustable floor boards for passengers,the wife likes that do to her being lets say short lol.

·
Premium Member
1,765 Posts
imported post

Winger77 wrote:
I beleive the SE also has the adjustable passenger foot boards. And I was told by another that the upper dash vents have the cold & hot air option like the lower vent on my aspy.

Please correct me on any of this,,,,,,,,,,, cuz I like to know what I'm talking about:cheeky1:
Winger77, the SE does have the adjustable passenger foot boards but the upper dash vents do not have the heat option.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Not every year of SE had two colour panels.My '97 was single colour pearl saphire black.

Another thing on the SE is the zippedin seat cover in the passenger lower back pad.

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
Not every year of SE had two colour panels.My '97 was single colour pearl saphire black.

Another thing on the SE is the zippedin seat cover in the passenger lower back pad.
Oh yeah,,,,,,,,,, forgot that part about the seat cover. Such a simple thing,,too bad they didn't apply it to all the 1500's.

Will the seat from an SE fit/bolt to an Aspy. or Interstate???

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Yes, an SE seat will fit the aspencade or even the Interstate I believe Winger77.

This is one feature that I wish Honda had transfered to the 1800, as I found it really useful on the 15. :(

·
Premium Member
1,591 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:

Mine doesn't have that. I wonder if someone changed the seat at some point?

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

chiefcherokee wrote:
Silverfox wrote:

Mine doesn't have that. I wonder if someone changed the seat at some point?
What year is your SE chiefcherokee? I am not sure what year it was introduced?

·
Premium Member
1,591 Posts
imported post

'95, 20th year anniversary edition.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Not quite sure when the seat cover was introduced mate, but it might be mentioned somewhere in here....

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/goldwinghistory.htm

Or of course maybe someone with more knowledge than me will pipe up. :baffled:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.