Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

A lot of my heroes are Brit mountain climbers..... Here's two of them, Chris Bonington and Don Whillans, riding a motocycle on their way to the North Face of the Eiger...... what model bike is that? Anybody?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
imported post

yep, pretty sure its a triumph, not sure what model, 650 trophy perhaps?

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

It is not a 100 as I had a 125 and it was a single. I agree that it looks like a trophy 650. Even my old BSA 500 was a single & 2 stroke.:action::action::action::action::action::action:

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
imported post

Looks like a 500 speed twin.:waving::waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
imported post

I'm pretty sure that the T-100 was the 500 cc speed twin . The T-120's were the 650 cc series.... :gunhead:

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Try this on for size. Runs beautifully.

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
imported post

bagmaster...70-72 650 Bonneville 650??

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Motosickle wrote:
bagmaster...70-72 650 Bonneville 650??
Don't know, didn't get a chance to ask him about it as he arrived late for the mission. I took this yesterday as the procession was leaving for the cemetary.

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
imported post

she's missing the breathers off the back of the carbs, but yep a bonny would be my guess.

gosh these things where brutes compared to what we ride today, :D but it's great to see them still kicking after all this time.

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
imported post

It has the early 70's paint scheme and air box. Never saw that color on a Bonnie, but it does apper to be twin-carbed. Still has the drum brake... Beautiful. :gunhead:

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
imported post

Definitely a Triumph from the 60's. A little hard to tell, but most likely one of the export model T100's, could be T100S/T/C with the siamese pipes, but it's hard to tell if it has one carb or two.

If I had to guess the year I'd say 1965.

EDIT I'm referring to the picture in the first post, not the green one just above. I'm not sure about the green one, a bit confusing.

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
imported post

looks like a bonny

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

I love my Wing, but those old Triumphs and Nortons both were great looking bikes.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.