Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to love to just kick back and enjoy football to escape all the BS of today's world. I remember back in 1985 Jim McMahon could not wear a headband with the Nike Swoosh on it. What the hell happened? I believe in a persons rights to express themselves but a "time and place." Is a football game a place to display feeling about social justice? Hate those words! They want the crowd to link arms for the Packer game tomorrow night. What for? They say unity. Unity of what? Country? Football? Gender? It is crazy and I plan on watching anything but football. Too frustrating just like so many other things. Political correctness and social justice is destroying our country. We need to get a little thicker skinned and take responsibility for out individual (personal) justice. My opinion...

·
Administrator
24,654 Posts
I know what you're saying, but it is what it is. You speak out against it and they'll call you a racist.
Exactly, you speak anything but leftist and you're racist. I haven't watched those overpaid crybabies in years anyway.

·
Premium Member
3,635 Posts
It's not just the NFL. I just wish the people would keep their money in their wallets. Money talks. But alas there are too many cowardly apologists out there.

·
Average Goldwing Rider
1,033 Posts
I used to love to just kick back and enjoy football to escape all the BS of today's world. I remember back in 1985 Jim McMahon could not wear a headband with the Nike Swoosh on it. What the hell happened? I believe in a persons rights to express themselves but a "time and place." Is a football game a place to display feeling about social justice? Hate those words! They want the crowd to link arms for the Packer game tomorrow night. What for? They say unity. Unity of what? Country? Football? Gender? It is crazy and I plan on watching anything but football. Too frustrating just like so many other things. Political correctness and social justice is destroying our country. We need to get a little thicker skinned and take responsibility for out individual (personal) justice. My opinion...
Unity, the only thing that unites us is the fact we are Americans. It doesn't matter about race, gender, religion (or not), wheter or not we like each other, but we are all Americans. To disrespect the flag, country and national athem in the name of unity is wrong in terms of being decisive. The NFL has one more week to fix this or i will be done with them and find something else to do on Sunday, like work on my 1100.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
You guys have it all wrong, they're not kneeling in disrespect, they're kneeling in reverence to the flag and country. Like you kneel to show respect to God or royalty. The news media is the one who has turned it around as something shameful. It wouldn't be a story unless they can make it appear bad. Don't you know by now, they are only interested in the negative. Sex and negativeness are what gets the headlines.

·
Administrator
24,654 Posts
You guys have it all wrong, they're not kneeling in disrespect, they're kneeling in reverence to the flag and country. Like you kneel to show respect to God or royalty. The news media is the one who has turned it around as something shameful. It wouldn't be a story unless they can make it appear bad. Don't you know by now, they are only interested in the negative. Sex and negativeness are what gets the headlines.
I do hope you are joking.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Just Anounce,PLAY FOOTBALL,leave out the Anthem.
I can’t even watch college or nfl ball either,sicknen,it’s a show not sports.

·
Administrator
24,654 Posts
I find it strange that some schools will spend more on sports than actual education.:crying2:
They rake in a heap of dough from sports, which they spend on ---------------- sports.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I think if the team cannot stand for our country they should not be allowed to play for the people in our country. I bet if they lose their jobs and all that money that they would stand up. FCK these pieces of crap. I stand for my country, I stand with my President NO MATTER who he or she is. They are my president. I do not have to agree with their policies or how they do things. This is why they get elected and why they can be impeached if necessary. This is why we can elect a new president every 4 years. Sorry, this is something that has ticked me off and I used to like football. I REFUSE to watch it anymore because of these crybaby b***hs. I will not purchase any sports items for ANY sport because it is not just football. /me stepping down off my soapbox now. Rant over

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
I was putting a reverse spin on it. I can't control how people act or think but, I can control how I react to it. It's like when a child see's you get upset at them saying a bad word. they keep doing it. If the media would quit giving these idiots air time, they would stop acting like idiots.

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
I was putting a reverse spin on it. I can't control how people act or think but, I can control how I react to it.
Unfortunately, we, as parents, did and do have control of our youth of today's actions. With all of the best of intentions, many of our children have been allowed to be become what they are. If we don't do something to correct so many of them considering themselves "victims" I shudder to think what the future holds for all of us.

To me, any perceived disrespect to our flag and what it stands for is a slap in the face to all that have fought and died defending it!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Unfortunately, we, as parents, did and do have control of our youth of today's actions. With all of the best of intentions, many of our children have been allowed to be become what they are. If we don't do something to correct so many of them considering themselves "victims" I shudder to think what the future holds for all of us.

To me, any perceived disrespect to our flag and what it stands for is a slap in the face to all that have fought and died defending it!
Very well said!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I too hope you are joking. If you think that is true look at there faces as they kneel during the anthem. Looking around in discontentment and derision.
They asked the crowd at Lambeau to join arms in unity. Instead they chanted USA, USA and stood and saluted the flag. Some put there hand over their heart and others stood facing the flag. Just a few in the crowd linked arms. I say good for them. Aaron Rodgers is a good quarterback. That doesn't give him the platform to express his political or Social views. Just because you can run fast and throw a football does not make you a model for our country. Remember virtually each and every one of these kids has been regimented and doctrinated through their college "education." We can think for ourselves and make our own decisions and opinions. Let our kids do the same. Leave them alone and educate them only. Keep football only football.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
I was joking. I don't agree with it either, but life is to short to worry about a bunch of ignorant spoiled millionaires. They're kids, and they act and think like kids. If the media would stop egging it on, the problem would go away.

·
Premium Member
5,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
NFL Policy on National Anthem below.

What the NFL Game Operations Manual says about the anthem
The players do not receive the manual; policies in the manual are enforced by the teams. And the language about the anthem has not changed since 1978. (Perhaps it ought to now.)

The language in the manual is as follows: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. During the playing of the National Anthem, players on the field should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. Players in the bench areas should do the same, and should line themselves up evenly along the sidelines. The home team should insure that the American Flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”

·
Just one of the guys
4,781 Posts
If only that were part of the rules. Other places say it is fake.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.