Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
If only that were part of the rules. Other places say it is fake.
Doug,
It is confusing as it is not part of a rule book but the NFL Operations Manual. It is "Page A62 of the NFL Game Operations Manual." and is a policy not a rule like holding or blocking in the back. If you Google the above you will find that the NFL has a policy against it but chooses not to enforce it. I choose not to watch NFL football. That's my policy. :)

·
Just one of the guys
4,795 Posts
Doug,
It is confusing as it is not part of a rule book but the NFL Operations Manual. It is "Page A62 of the NFL Game Operations Manual." and is a policy not a rule like holding or blocking in the back. If you Google the above you will find that the NFL has a policy against it but chooses not to enforce it. I choose not to watch NFL football. That's my policy. :)
I did search on google and all I find are articles disputing the accuracy of the information about page a62 of the NFL game operations manual. I located the operations manual and did a search of that site for national anthem and nothing came up similar to what you have quoted.

Would you be able to provide a link to the location in the manual where you got this information?

·
Average Goldwing Rider
1,083 Posts
I don't care if it is a rule, a policy or bad manners, These guys who take a knee are offensive and I'm not going to waste my time or money with them. I knew 12 people who lost their lives and another who lost both legs above the knee defending our country. None of them were over the age of 26 and most were under 20.
Our country has a lot of problems and unity is pretty far down the list. What ever happened to 'we shall overcome' (oppression) and personal responsibility for your actions? Seahawk Michael Bennett was in Las Vegas a few weeks ago and ran like a fool from the cops. the idiot was so offended when the cops drew down on him.
I'm sick of this. The NBA came out this weekend and told the players they will stand up during the anthem. Where is the NFL? I might become a basketball fan.

·
Administrator
25,753 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
I agree, divide and conquer, an old successful tactic. And finding those with which to use is easy, many hate our establishment. Yet they enjoy it's benefits.

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
My problem here is that the entire message is lost. The original problem was black kids getting shot by trigger-happy cops. Or one just pissed off by a knucklehead maneuver. In some cases that the officer did feel threatened. I hope that I am never in that position; shooter or victim. The racism continues and it never seems to get better. It has to change in the little hard drive in each head.

But it has morphed into disrespecting the flag, which it never was actually. It's funny but I see the flag being mistreated a lot. It's on beer cans, it's being waved without lights at night in countless yards, and during bad weather. People throw a torn one away in the trash. It used to be waved at half mast for true national mourning but now if the local school board president dies, down it goes.

When the anthem is played at ball games we all stand up. Do we stand at home when we hear it? Put our hand over our hearts? Nah. Different I guess when you can't show your patriotism to the crowd. Character is what we do alone. Bitchin is what we do in public.

I could care less if someone decides not to watch football. I served, even in Viet Nam, for someone to do exactly what they want to do. I don't pretend to speak for every person that serves in any capacity. Only about 5% of living Americans ever served anyway so there are not that many of us. I say stand up, then ask the Chicago Bears to link arms with the Chicago police and head down to south Chicago and straighten out some tails. Get some kids some jobs, back in school, teach people how to use a condom or the pill. Get people off the government teet.

More than showing respect to the flag, show respect for each other.

·
Premium Member
5,380 Posts
My problem here is that the entire message is lost. The original problem was black kids getting shot by trigger-happy cops. Or one just pissed off by a knucklehead maneuver. In some cases that the officer did feel threatened. I hope that I am never in that position; shooter or victim. The racism continues and it never seems to get better. It has to change in the little hard drive in each head.

But it has morphed into disrespecting the flag, which it never was actually. It's funny but I see the flag being mistreated a lot. It's on beer cans, it's being waved without lights at night in countless yards, and during bad weather. People throw a torn one away in the trash. It used to be waved at half mast for true national mourning but now if the local school board president dies, down it goes.

When the anthem is played at ball games we all stand up. Do we stand at home when we hear it? Put our hand over our hearts? Nah. Different I guess when you can't show your patriotism to the crowd. Character is what we do alone. Bitchin is what we do in public.

I could care less if someone decides not to watch football. I served, even in Viet Nam, for someone to do exactly what they want to do. I don't pretend to speak for every person that serves in any capacity. Only about 5% of living Americans ever served anyway so there are not that many of us. I say stand up, then ask the Chicago Bears to link arms with the Chicago police and head down to south Chicago and straighten out some tails. Get some kids some jobs, back in school, teach people how to use a condom or the pill. Get people off the government teet.

More than showing respect to the flag, show respect for each other.
I'm not American but it bothers me to see a country's flag used as clothing fabric. It's the Stars and Stripes not the bra and panties.

The problem with multi-millionaires trying to encourage the disadvantaged youth is that the young kids see the big bucks that less than a fraction of a percent of them will ever earn.

I know a guy that is a visible minority but he didn't spend all his spare time shooting hoops or bulking up in a vain hope of making millions per year in the NBA or NFC. He became an electrician and a very good one. So good that the company he works for made him chief electrician and he designs and sets up all their new operations coast to coast. He is so respected that he can over rule the accountants when they want to cheap out on equipment.

No he doesn't make millions per year but he has a good house in a good neighbourhood with no mortgage, a good family and money in the bank. What is so wrong with that?

I get the point the players are trying to make but if that is their total input it's only a few minutes per week during the season. Why don't they use their influence to encourage small business owners and successful workers to mentor others? Grandstanding gets tiring.

Reactions: DaveO430

·
Premium Member
5,117 Posts
I do not care about all the crap, Just like politics...Tired of hearing everyone whine. I like football, I do not care if they wear pink tutu's , Just like the game. Dont pay any attention to all the other crap!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.