Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Another multi-day tour coming, and I'm excited......

How do you make morning coffee? I've done everything from the Aerostich's real man"chew a couple of tablespoons of Folgers instant and fire up an unfiltered Lucky Strike" model, to guarding a tippy percolater on a butane stove...... then I quit making coffee and all and went looking for a Micky Dee's -- but we started to waste some good mile time at the Mickey's, lingering over our high fat, good coffee breakfast......

So now I start my dual-fuel Coleman and boil the wiss out of a couple of coffee singles, and the Redhead and I will drink a cup of two while striking camp.... then we pile on and put on a hundred miles before we find a Mickies or a mom and pop.......

What's your pleasure?

Attachments

·
Just me.
2,746 Posts
imported post

Folgers singles, yes Instant, YUK.

·
Premium Member
495 Posts
imported post

woodbutcher wrote:
Folgers singles, yes Instant, YUK.
Instant! YUK, YUK, YUK

I recently juststarted using the singles. I'm the only one in the house that drinks coffee. Now I no longerwaste so much coffee.Drink coffee like its going out of style at work though, and I have to fight off the co-workers for the last cup from the pot.

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

If I get it in the mug, I'm good! I take forever to wake up completely, that's why all my coffee mugs have passed the UST rating. (UST = Unscheduled Shock Test). As far as on the road, I'm addicted to Waffle House coffee. I have an old preculator type for campin' but I never use it anymore. jimsjinx

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

I drink espressos, :clapper:have to have it, it's a must, it's part of getting up and living another day, has to be there looking back at me ready to go sliding into my palete and down my esophagus. :)Then I'm ready to continual on. :DI have my own portable espresso machine that goes with us. Time must wait for this process. Plugs into a power plug. :clapper:I've never been in that much of a hurry to not have my expresso or coffee.

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
imported post

All my "camping" the last number of years has been in a fiver, so I make it the same way as at home: set the timer to come on at 4:50 AM. :D

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
imported post

Instant coffee is NOT coffee, it's a LAST resort, and a poor one at that!

I have a stainless steel coffee press from Starbucks. Bought it when I was in Louisiana for Hurricane Katrina Relief Ops. Never travel without it, if in hotels, use the little in-room coffee pots to heat water, or get water at the breakfast bar, if camping, warm iton a propane stove.

I use to drink Folgers in the Army, til I met my wife and she introduced me to real coffee. Usually grind either french roast or espresso roast beans, use twice as many grounds as most people and drink it strong and black.

Decaf is a sacrilege.

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
imported post

TitaniumWing wrote:
I use to drink Folgers in the Army, til I met my wife and she introduced me to real coffee. Usually grind either french roast or espresso roast beans, use twice as many grounds as most people and drink it strong and black.

Decaf is a sacrilege.
What! You didn't learn to drinkREAL coffee while in N.O.?

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
imported post

What's that they put in their coffee to ruin it, Chickory? Man, I bet that tastes good if you are brought up on it and don't know any better!!!:dude:

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
imported post

Well # 1 get yourself some real coffee Not that mud you yanks call coffee then one tablespoon to every 2 cups in the perk and away you go Takes me days to get used to the swill you serve down there

Although Seattle's best Is very close to perfection south of the line :dude::dude::dude:

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

ccsailor wrote:
Well # 1 get yourself some real coffee Not that mud you yanks call coffee then one tablespoon to every 2 cups in the perk and away you go Takes me days to get used to the swill you serve down there

Although Seattle's best Is very close to perfection south of the line :dude::dude::dude:
Mud? Mud? Swill? Swill? Mud! Swill!

That does it! We're gonna invade you guys again, teach you some manners! And we ain't agonna let your Brit Buddies burn our capitol this time, either!

Wait a minute........

The way things are goin' in Wash. D.C..........? Hell,yeah! Go ahead burn the damn thing! We'll annex B.C. while you're a doin' it! You can have Wash. D.C., we'll take B.C., the Yukon, Alberta, and Nova Scotia!

:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
56,435 Posts
imported post

Microwave instant decaf shaken not stirred :action:

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
imported post

wpgfire wrote:
http://www.timhortons.com/ca/en/index.html , EH?!

See, CJ, there is a reason to invade our country. And if you don't believe me, read this story and realize you're losing your women as we speak. All because of a cup of Java!

http://www.everycup.ca/story/falling-in-love-twice
Gawdamighty! She got a Newfie and a cup of coffee?

We're doomed..... we are........ doomed.........

When a Florida girl goes to Newfoundland.... on purpose,even......!

And becomes a (choke) Newfie?

We are totally, utterly, and irreversibly undone..........! We give... y'all won.......

can we be Canadians now?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.