Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Magic Moderator
4,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a comparison of Xfce operating systems of the 2 I've tried; Linux Mint 18.3Xfce and Peppermint9, I actual like the Peppermint9 better. As for the fully loaded boat OS I run Linux Mint 18.3 Cinnamon, plus Windows7 and Vista.

·
Administrator
57,468 Posts
for my daugthter with a Win10 Acer laptop, I installed Perpperment9 on it as an emergency backup. she is not using it much at all though.

for myself, all of my laptops except one can handle 18.3 Cinnamon. some faster, some slower.

the one new ASUS TUF Gaming won't install 18.3, but will take 19.2
not happy about that, just don't like 19.x at all.

·
Magic Moderator
4,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got 19.1Xfce on a stand alone hdd, not too fond of it. May download and install Peppermint 10 on it.

·
Son of Bronson
113 Posts
I am running Linux Mint 19.1 here.

Excellent OS. Very happy with it.

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
In a comparison of Xfce operating systems of the 2 I've tried; Linux Mint 18.3Xfce and Peppermint9, I actual like the Peppermint9 better. As for the fully loaded boat OS I run Linux Mint 18.3 Cinnamon, plus Windows7 and Vista.
For what it's worth Xfce and Cinnamon are user interfaces or if you will desktop environments.

Linux is the operating system.
Your provider, in your case the Mint team, decides what you should have installed and how it's configured.

I have no idea about Mint but in all the open source operating systems I've tried everything is configurable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts