Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Are OEM Honda wheel bearings worth the extra $$ or are the alternative aftermarket parts as good? I plan to keep this GL for a long time so I think OEM might be worth the $$, Any thoughts on this? Where can I get em if not and any info would be great i.e part #'s and mfg. Thanks Ride On

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

According to the dealer, naturally, they are worth the extra. Still went with AllBalls, though.....

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

Can get the originals here... http://www.hdlparts.com/

I got my aftermarket, I'll burn in hell for this, I'm sure, from Saber Cycle.

·
On a Wing & a KLR
287 Posts
imported post

Well Honda certainly doesn't manufacture their own bearings. I've always used bearings from a bearing supply house and never had a problem. Buy a name brand, NTN, SKF and you'll be fine.
Bearings have a number on them to which they are manufactured. Get the number or take the bearing in and they will match you up for a lot less $$$.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
imported post

This is a topic that only the owner can answer. What ever is gonna give you that warm feeling of security is what you should do. Myself, I just go down to napa.

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

Honda dont make the bearings, so you could say the OEM ones are really aftermarket anyway. Honda buy them in from various bearing makers, Koyo, Nachi & others.

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
imported post

cbx4evr wrote:
Well Honda certainly doesn't manufacture their own bearings. I've always used bearings from a bearing supply house and never had a problem. Buy a name brand, NTN, SKF and you'll be fine.
Bearings have a number on them to which they are manufactured. Get the number or take the bearing in and they will match you up for a lot less $$$.
Take the old bearing in and cross ref. it to a manufacturer of like or better. Better for less usually.You can obtain on-line or at alocal bearing supply house.

Longboater,

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Make sure you change out the race if you don't use the same type of bearings.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.