Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

OK guys..............I would like to get some wheel chocks that can hold the largest of bikes so I can do light maintenance. Fluid changes, filters and the like. Need the bike to stand up straight. I don't want to spend a ton of money ( what else is new ?? ) but I want something that I can trust while unscrewing things, etc.

It has to be movable. I have no place to permanently drill into a floor, etc.

Any suggestions ??

Thanks.

Dennis

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

Just get a portable bike floor jack. Can be had for around $70 on sale, I picked up my last one for $20 off Craigslist.

Chocks won't do any good if you gotta work on the wheels, or take them off. Use the jack and just barely lift it up, if that's all you need.

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

Silicon Sam wrote:
Just get a portable bike floor jack. Can be had for around $70 on sale, I picked up my last one for $20 off Craigslist.

Chocks won't do any good if you gotta work on the wheels, or take them off. Use the jack and just barely lift it up, if that's all you need.
Hmmm...........hadn't even thought of that. Thanks. I know nothing.........how is the bike totally stabilized once it's up there on the jack ?? Tied down ?? To what ??

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

I have the straps, but haven't used them yet. Yeah, yeah, I know I should!

Only time I wished I had is I removed the back tire, and the bike tipped forward. Didn't fall though, but gave me a good scare.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.