Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I found a 40,000 mile rear wheel and flange from a 1996 'Wing for $50 locally. Splines look like new, wheel looks great.I just want to be sure it will fit my 2000 SE. I am 99.9% sure, but you folks is real smart and I don't want to make a stupid mistake. Well, any more than I normally make.

If so, I may get that 175 car tire and go darkside...

Thanks, all!

Rich

·
Premium Member
1998 GL1500 Asp and 2017 GL1800 4AC
293 Posts
imported post

It will fit.

Not to worry. All the wheels and splines from 1990 to 2000 are interchangeable.

The '88 and '89 wheels are the only ones different, including the disk brake rotors. However, the 1988 and 1989 wheels will work if you have the six pin drive flange to put in the wheel and replace the brake rotor.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
imported post

Yep it should fit......

May the darkside be with you !!!!!

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

And I thought $50 for both the wheel and flange was pretty decent?

Thanks for th eother replies!

·
Pwhoever
3,182 Posts
imported post

Just a tip to pass along that I got from Satan (Stan) on this board. Since the "new" wheel is not from a 98-00 it will not have the thrush washer like your 2000 does. It is like a thin plastic gasket that fits in between the flange and the wheel. I recently added one to mine. I put a thin film of the moly60 on both sides before putting it in.I would have slight vibration in the drivetrain when at higher speeds and would release the throttle. It could also be felt when feathering the throttle to slightly slow down also at higher speeds. Since addingthis washerto my setup, it doesn't seem to have that drivetrain vibration anymore. Also check the dampers in the "new" rear wheel. You might consider taking them out and flipping the aluminum collars around and that will make the drive flange fit in a little tighter especially after 40,000 miles. There are markings in one of the corners on each of the 5 rubber dampers that will tell you which side is out when reinstalling them. Here is a photo of that thrush washer:

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

I will be sure to check that out. Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.