Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

hey everyone just wan to know what everyone is using to clean their rims im having trouble getting my rims clean. tried different stuff but would like other tips to get them all looking spiffy.

ps. did anyone ever here of english custom polish and if their is an Canadian distributor?

·
Busdriver
1,037 Posts
imported post

I use a product from Canadian Tire called Orange Blast.
Spray it on wait 2 minutes and hose it off.
For stubborn stains I apply some to a sponge and work it by hand.

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
imported post

The stuff is cheap does not come in a spray can and a little goes a long way is called ELBOW GREASE look at the results:smiler:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
imported post

:smiler:Steelwool Never dull and Semi chrome

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
imported post

We also have some kind of orange cleaner here that works very well. The strongest wheel cleaner I have ever used is Castrol Superclean Wheel Cleaner. DO NOT confuse this with regular Castrol Superclean, it is way too strong and will damage alloy wheels. This stuff says "wheel cleaner" right on the pump spray bottle. I have my rear wheel off right now, it looks like it hadn't been cleaned since new (93,000 miles). I first used gasoline and a parts cleaning brush to get off all the grease, then used a product called Simple Green to remove the gasoline residue. The wheel looks better, but will never look new because it was so neglected. But it is completely clean.

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
imported post

on my wheels, i use dawn dishwashing det. On tires, a soapy wrag with dirt makes them look new. David

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
imported post

jnel57 wrote:
Never Dull
It is a wadding polish verry good for aluminum once you get it clean of dirt and grease takes off oxidation

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
imported post

Mother's aluminum polish and a red shop towel. Use it on the rims, forks, timing belt covers, and anything else that needs polishing and the aluminum will come up almost as shiny as chrome, of course it may take a few times to a year to get there depending on how bad they are to start with.

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
imported post

I think the " English " stuff you are asking about is the good ole Solvol Autosol. I remember this stuff from the late sixties when i purchased my first bike . It was the best at the time but there are numerous and much less labour intensive ways to do same now.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
imported post

So far as a 'New-used' wheel goes, I've had had good results with Lemon Pledge... I spray enough on to make it look like a layer of artifical snow, then simply let it sit for a week... At that point, about 80% of the grime simply wipes off!

For what remains, I use Simple Green, and finally Mother's Chrome Polish.

·
Premium Member
1,202 Posts
imported post

I personally use Excalibur metal polish. A little pricey, but a little goes a long way.

I don't have a good pic of my wheels after using it on them, but you can see the difference it made here.

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

A couple of my buddies who have show cars & bikes sent me to NAPA for some Autosol,
Works great. :waving:

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
imported post

Brillo pads are good too.

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
imported post

ALEX BERECZKY wrote:
So far as a 'New-used' wheel goes, I've had had good results with Lemon Pledge... I spray enough on to make it look like a layer of artifical snow, then simply let it sit for a week... At that point, about 80% of the grime simply wipes off!

For what remains, I use Simple Green, and finally Mother's Chrome Polish.
Just be very careful not to get any pledge on the tires. Especially the side walls. You'll go down faster than me on ice skates!

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
imported post

I have used captain richards best cleaning and polishing products.He has a liquid for the rims that is called BOMBS AWAY that will almost make your rims look like chrome.

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,258 Posts
imported post

I tried the turtle wax chrome cleaner white liquid and it works great on the chrome. On the wheel, not as well. The Nevrdull did a good job on my wheels. Use it and follow up with a rag.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.