Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Senior Mem & Story Teller
3,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Can I swap a 1500 sixteen inch wheel onto my 1200 with a 15" wheel so I can go to the dark side? Having to ride gravel everytime I ride I think the CT would pay for itself both in life but more important safety.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Yes you can put on the 1500 wheel and have to use the drive unit for it also, maybe the caliper mount? Do a search on 1500 wheel on a 1200.
I'm not sure how much clearance you have to what size tire to put on the 1200.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
imported post

This was touted to be the better option than trying to find another rear end for the 1200's worn splines as they were seeming to get harder to find. With a rear-end/wheel from a 1500 you also had the benifit of a larger selection of tires available in the 16"size. I believe the splines are beefier on the 15 also.

But if your that hell bent on going DARK SIDE, you better start saving up for a 15/1800. It's about all you can do to fit the stock sized 16'' tire into the 1200. Some folks have had to modify the rear inner fender.

Do the search in the archives for the swap, I still ponder doing it every now and then. Looks like NewDay found it for you... :gunhead:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.