Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a new '17 WIng, audio/com. Like having clean machine and usually do spray detailer unless really messed up. Any suggestions, with the least amount of work, lol, to wash the wheels? Perhaps the tires as well but I usually just use cleanser and soft brush. Like something that sprays on, perhaps minimal scrubbing, then hose off. Got some wheel an tire cleaner for my '17 GMC Acadia and not sure if I can use that stuff on my wing. Thanx. All b safe...
TJ

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,655 Posts
I can't remember the last time I washed the wheels on any bike that I owned?o_O
different strokes, for different folks.

·
Premium Member
2012 GL1800
493 Posts
If it says "safe for all wheels" it will work. The wheels on your 2017 are clearcoated. The coating is not all that tough though. It does scratch easily.
Under no circumstance use any kind of tire shine on the tires. It will migrate to the tread and make them slick. Same thing with the spray wax. NOT ON THE TIRES.
If you want to use the spray on the wheels, spray it on the rag and the apply.

·
Premium Member
3,464 Posts
Lemon Pledge... Some people disagree or don't like it because they say it draws bees and such but that hasn't been the case with mine.. Just spray on let it set for a minute and wipe it off. It's worked on mine for 35 years now and I don't have any complaint's!! I use it to clean the whole bike with including the windshield!

Edit: I use Pledge to black the tires also sometimes. Doesn't slick the tires up at all.... Only last's about a week or so but it shore is Purty!!

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
I use turtle wax car wash solution on my cars and my bikes. Wash the wheels just like wash the bike. Use a soft cloth, put the bike on the center stand sit down, wash the back wheel and spit it.

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,576 Posts
Like Joe, I just wash the bike with Turtle Wax wash and use Formula 409 on the greasy spots. Followed by a good coat of Turtle Wax wax.

In between washes I will wipe the bike down, including the wheels, with a soft cloth and some clean water in a spray bottle. Considering its age and mileage, Bike looks pretty damned good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts