Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I recently came up with a set of cast spoke wheels for I believe an 83 wing. These were very low production I understand and are the same size ( Tire size ) as the standard comstars. Does anyone know if they are a straight interchange---I,d really like to use these on repainted '82 bike in spring!!!

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
imported post

:waving:The tire size for the '82-'83 GL1100 is the same so shouldn't have any problem putting the '83 wheels on your '82 GoldWing. This wheel was usedon all '83 GoldWings.

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

Very common wheel actually, not low production. Only the same size as the '82 Comstars, not the prior ones.

I'd have to look it up, but you may run into problems with the brake rotors from the '83, if you got them with the wheel.

Best thing to do at this point is to accurately measure the distance between the inner part of the rim, where the disc mounts. Make sure they are the same exact distance apart, or the rotors may not line up inside the calipers. I know the forks are quite different between the '82 and '83, the reason I say that...

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
imported post

I have fitted an 83 front wheel on my 82 when I had a front tire failure. I had my wife bring the spare 83 Interstate wheel from my garage to me so I could get the bike home. The 83 uses a different speedo drive, so you will need to remove your axel and change drives or use an 83 cable. 83 Aspencades use different rotors and I am not sure about interchangeability. I am changing to 83 Interstate wheels this winter. They fit.

John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.