Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Ive looked and looked , Ive been wanting to put spoked wheels on my honda goldwing and was wondering if the spoked wheels off the gl 1000 would fit on my 1981 honda gw???? Cant find any wheels for it and really want to change them out!

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
imported post

Hi
I am not 100% sure if the wheels from the early GL1000 will slot directly into a GL1100, but I have been looking at photos of the GL1000. http://www.salocal.com/goldwing/gl1000_goldwing.htm it looks like honda changed the wheels on the GL1000 in 1978 to the five spoke ComStar wheel that is the same on the GL1100. I would not imagin that honda in the 1970s would have totally re-desined the running gear for the GL1100, but I could be wrong.

The only way to be sure is to take some measurements from the break disk studs and final drive and width of each wheel and post them here so that folks with the GL1000 spoked wheels can compare dimentions. Or take your bike or wheels to a breakers yard and compare that way.

·
Village Whack Job...
7,908 Posts
imported post

With some minor tinkering the front wheel can be used. However to use the rear wheel would require some serious modification.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

Okay after long searching and reaasearch on this I have figured out the wheels off of the older gl1000 will fit on the gl 1100 with minor modification all you have to do is use a washer on the left side of the wheel to push it to the right towards drive shaft. the front will supposedly line up perfect and with the washer the rear will work fine. thanks for the help!

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

I don't think it as that simple.....

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

maybe not i will find out soon enough i talk to a guy (and saw the bike) who has done it with his 82 gl and he said that was all he had to do maybe he lied but seemed legit i have the wheels on order so as soon as they come in ill know and post!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.