Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the current profiles can't include the year and model of your bike please include this information in you question or your signiture.

All to often I'm seeing questions like
Where does this vacuum line go?
Should I have lights here?
My bike isn't charging, where should I look?
etc

Without knowing which of the hundreds of different Goldwings the question is about the question will go unanswered or the answers will just be shots in the dark.

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,610 Posts
Right on Ken.
The title line is a prerequisite. The model must be in the title.

Then it should also be in the very 1st line of the post. That puts us the readers to thinking of the "correct bike".

Some answers can be generic and useful, but not normally.

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
Good point Ken. It will be nice if Steve or the tech lads can get the model in our profiles showing again.

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
Yes a good idea, it was happening a while ago but I think the Steve or someone was editing the title.

As far as putting the bike model in, just add it in on your profile location, that'll work

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
May I suggest putting it in your signature line...it's nice to have it somewhere at the beginning (subject line or first sentence) but at least if it's in your signature line it's always there for people to see (no forgetting).

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
What is really needed is a subject model line below the title line to be filled in by the OP with year and model which would be best as some have MMD, multiple m/c disorder.
Or that should be put back in the spot below the agitation where it used to be.

As there were no emailed instructions to each member when this new system, was put in place, we have members posting for the first time in years in some cases coming in blind that their model is no longer shown. Nor to the changes that were made and how to deal with the multiple changes made, items lost!, photo gallery and pics in past posts etc etc.

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
Why can't this site capture the year and model of one's cycle? Seems like that's one of the most important parts of information? It looks like halfling has his posted at the top there on his posting...It seems to me if he can do that can't others..? Or is he special? ha ha kidding I see that guy's are posting their bikes at the bottom of the pages

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
I agree, polite thing is to include model (be it a GL1000, 1100, 1200, 1500, 1800, etc) in title and first sentence of post if you want others to open and read and maybe respond. :waving:

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
It looks like halfling has his posted at the top there on his posting...It seems to me if he can do that can't others..? Or is he special? ha ha kidding I see that guy's are posting their bikes at the bottom of the pages
Yep, that's me, "Special"....:ROFL:

You can go into the User Control Panel and edit your details. The one called "Custom User Title" will do it. You can put anything you want (for the time being I decided to put in my "Goldwing Model" until someone takes the initiative to fix the left side details to include it for us).

Now, as far as the programming involved to actually grab the model you have and put it under your Avatar some where, it's pretty easy. The data field is in your user details already and you fill it in yourself, it's called "Goldwing Model" (go figure). Not sure why it's taking so long to add that data field to the left user panel but...

:?

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,610 Posts
We have asked Wingmin and crew to fix that little oversight.

It should return "real soon now"...

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
As John mentioned earlier, I just added it in my signature line for the time being until it's fixed... :readit:

Les

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.