1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this has to do with crap like is going on with BLM and CHOP

Scenario:

sitting at home, and you see a couple of trucks fly into your yard, they are 150 yards out when they turn in, but with all the firearms in their hands in plain-view, you know it is not going to be good.

I went out today for a ride with close friend here at home.... while munching on donuts, we talk about IF/When the goons come out into the remote rural areas where we live.

By law, unless the offender has crashed thru your front door, you are the guy going to jail if he turns up dead.... ( I renewed my USLawshield last month and my CCW permit for another 10 years )

My friend said, well, we fire off a round into the ground and let them know we are ready......

problem is for me, we stay in the house most of the time, and aren't aware of intruders until the dogs bark or we hear the back door open..... by then, if 5 or 10 door crashers are breaking in, it is going to be too late....

my LC9s or my .45 cal pistols will probably be all that I get a chance to use....
the Ruger Mini-14 with 1500 rounds won't have a chance to get pulled out of the case.

. I have an alarm at the driveway entrance that needs to have new batteries put in it.... been a year since it worked.

·
Administrator
26,163 Posts
Not likely any of those goons are going to show up in any rural areas, I think they know better. And there are no statues to topple.
I have been thinking about a driveway alarm, me and my old dog have lost our hearing.

·
Magic Moderator
4,570 Posts
I have a machete close at hand and if someone breaks down my front door, they will be stabbed or cut pretty badly. I live in senior housing and they do not allow the residents to have fire arms (very sad), its a small town with nothing of interest for them rioters.

·
Administrator
26,163 Posts
By law, unless the offender has crashed thru your front door, you are the guy going to jail if he turns up dead.... ( I renewed my USLawshield last month and my CCW permit for another 10 years )
Pretty sure where we live if someone comes on our property with bad intentions and winds up ventilated we have nothing to fear.

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
this has to do with crap like is going on with BLM and CHOP

Scenario:

sitting at home, and you see a couple of trucks fly into your yard, they are 150 yards out when they turn in, but with all the firearms in their hands in plain-view, you know it is not going to be good.

I went out today for a ride with close friend here at home.... while munching on donuts, we talk about IF/When the goons come out into the remote rural areas where we live.

My friend said, well, we fire off a round into the ground and let them know we are ready......

problem is for me, we stay in the house most of the time, and aren't aware of intruders until the dogs bark or we hear the back door open..... by then, if 5 or 10 door crashers are breaking in, it is going to be too late....

my LC9s or my .45 cal pistols will probably be all that I get a chance to use....
the Ruger Mini-14 with 1500 rounds won't have a chance to get pulled out of the case.

. I have an alarm at the driveway entrance that needs to have new batteries put in it.... been a year since it worked.
Also,tell your friend,its against the law to fire a warning shot.

Sent from my LM-X420 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
Self defense laws vary widely from state to state and interpretations can vary widely from one District Attorney (or equiv.) to another. There is no single answer.

Warning shots are not necessarily illegal. In most situations, discharge of a firearm, regardless of intent, is considered use of deadly force. So a warning shot may be effective and be viewed more positively within the interpretations and discretion area, it is only an affirmative defense if it meets that state's rules for use of deadly force in defense of self or others. Any firearm training plan should make this clear. You used a firearm to stop another person from doing something. You continued to fire until they stopped. Death, while not the intended outcome, is a likely but unfortunate result.

·
Trike Master
1,247 Posts
Not likely any of those goons are going to show up in any rural areas, I think they know better. And there are no statues to topple.
I have been thinking about a driveway alarm, me and my old dog have lost our hearing.
So, they are not allowing you to exercise your 2nd Amendment Rights!!!!! Sound like a law suit to me.

·
Administrator
26,163 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Gotta remember, if you do a righteous kill inside your home, you still face a civil suit from the intruders family. There are always slip and fall lawyers out there who will be glad to just waste your time and resources with wrongful death suits in court. Their objective is to get you to the point that you will settle out of court instead of spending down your entire estate.

·
Administrator
26,163 Posts
Gotta remember, if you do a righteous kill inside your home, you still face a civil suit from the intruders family. There are always slip and fall lawyers out there who will be glad to just waste your time and resources with wrongful death suits in court. Their objective is to get you to the point that you will settle out of court instead of spending down your entire estate.
On my place unless there are more than 1 and 1 gets away there likely won't be any evidence they were ever here.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hogs or a big backhoe? :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts