Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

On this '83 Aspencade I have only ridden it .7 miles max round the neighborhood loop.The digital readout shows one bar on the temp gauge as per the book for a warm up temp.I have done this several times checking out an item or two.The fan never has kicked on.When should I expect to see the fan in action? Two temp bars,three or more?

Whadayathingk?

This is my edit to the post: This is my first wing and first liquid cooled bike.Plus when I got the bike it came to the house by trailer because it had no brakes,the tank was unmounted and all the plastic was off.So I got the tank back in and I'm happy with how its running after I did a carb rebuild now I'm working on brakes and plastic.Running behind schedule as usual with a ressurection project but...hey could be worse,right?

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

really depends... my fan wile usually only kick on if I am stuck ideling at a light for a while.... but on the go, it doesn't

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I see.Thanks rcmatt.This is my first liquid cooled machine.

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

If I recall, it is more like 3 or 4 bars... It has been posted before... my '83 has the analog gage and it come on just a littleabove mid scale...

I didn't go looking for the post, but if I find it, I'll come back and link it..

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
imported post

my 83 aspencade comes on at about2/3 rds of the way of the bars. i never really counted them. jb

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
imported post

On my 83 with the digital dash it usually comes on a bar before the top of the normal range. In cool weather like now it never comes on. In summer weather it runs more.. I have found that the cooling system is good around here until about 100 degrees with lots of humidity. The gauge will run at the top of the normal range even running down the road when the weather is like that.. Never has overheated but you can tell it is working hard..

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

the fan comes right when you need it. check the bars it should kick on after idling for 10 mins. when you're riding the air flow its enough for cooling the radiator. when you stop it kicks in :)

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
imported post

As I recall it was between 5 & 6 bars on my 85 1200 Aspencade that the fan came on. Normal riding in moderate temps it usually never came on. Only going slow when it was hot out did it come on.

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
imported post

DavidinKY wrote:
On at 98-102degrees.
:waving:On the GL1100 the fan comes on at 208-215 F (98-102 C) and fan goes off at 199-207 F (93-97 C). This info is from the '80-'83 Honda GoldWing Service Manual.

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
imported post

On my '83 Aspencade, the temp during a ride is always the bottom bar of the "]" bracket. It never hits the top bar of the bracket, so I guess the second bar below the top of the bracket is when the fan goes on. This happens during idle in the driveway.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.