Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I've owned Maltov... my blue 1996 Aspencade, since February and have yet to hear the radiator fans kick on. It gets danged hot down here in Texas. This year.. we had 89 consecutive days of 100+ weather. Brutal! And yet I have never heard the fans kick on. I have new coolant, put in last april when I did the timing belts and the temp gage never goes past the mid point. But I get nervous about such things... I LOVE my big blue beast... is this normal for a wing or do I need to check some things? Just seems odd to me.

·
Administrator
27,933 Posts
imported post

They usually never come on unless sitting still or moving very slowly. I had my 1800 several months before I ever heard the fans run, the noise surprised me.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

Thanks Dave... coming from you that makes me feel better. I was in a bit of traffic yesterday... a bit heavier than usual. the temp gauge kept crawling up... and up... light after light. Then it occurred to me that I had never heard my fans run... ever! Thanks!

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Just start it and let it idle and warm up on a calm day.
When it gets hot enough they will kick in.
Usually about 2/3 of the way up the temp gauge.

·
Premium Member
'91 gl1500
752 Posts
imported post

Yeah they have to get really hot before the fans kick in .I've noticed mine comes on in heavy slow movingtraffic but the needle has to be right up there, well past the halfway mark.As Rudy suggested just let her idle for a while and wait for the fan to fire up .

MW

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
imported post

My 1800 fans come on before I notice any rise in temp on the gauge....obviously it does rise some, but Ican't tell it from the gauge. The gauge never climbs above the mid point and is typically just a hair below half when warmed up. The fan only comes on inslow or stationary traffic.

dw

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.