Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

When will you be too old to ride?

2K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  klook 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Probably never, but my wife has asked me to no-longer ride in the snow and I'm only 59. I'll ride as long as I can physically do so, after that it'll be my horse.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Bought the '93 with only 44k miles on it three years ago, it ought to last a very good many years still. At age 62 and good health I kinda figure when I'm ready to retire from riding the '93 will be ready to retire, too... :D

Then again, it's a GoldWing, could very well outlast ME!

#8 ·
I'm 75 next month and I love to ride my motorbikes. I have severe rheumatoid arthritis which is attacking my joints and muscle. I'm sure I'll be unable to ride one of these days but right now I can so I will 'til some shithead in a car texting hits me or the arthritis puts me in a wheelchair.

#9 ·
tlbranth, my wife has rheumatoid arthritis and we can only take rides on good days, 150 miles for her and she is pretty much done ridding for awhile. I'm 71 and have arthritis in my right thumb, from playing Guitar all my life, it hurts like hell I would not want it all over. Any way I used to drag her to the coast from here about 150 miles away then stay the night and head home the next afternoon, she would be almost crying on the back of the bike all the way home. I don't do that anymore. Also we have to pick nice weather not to hot and not to cold. If I want a long ride I go with friend's or go alone. Hay I woke up on the top of the grass that's a good day!

#11 ·
Wow, interesting perspectives.....I am 59, on the downhill slide to 60......I still plat basketball, volleyball, and work in the trades. As in climbing scaffolding, lug heavy items, and generally get after it. Having said all that, I know it is just one event away from reality kicking in.....I have arthritis and have had it for years. But the glucosamine/chondrotin have kept it under control for at least 23 years....now the Tumeric is doing a good job of pain relief. A body in motion tends to stay in motion.....
New rider, old athlete, hoping for at least 10 years.

Kevin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.