Premium Member
2,801 Posts
imported post

why, sure...

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
imported post

I've tried to tell y'all how tuf those Metzelers are! That's a Metzeler Sahara, like on my dual sport.

I had the Metzeler ME 880 turn a nail crossways in the tread. That's what I'm looking for in a tire!

·
Premium Member
61,519 Posts
imported post

That's what I call getting Forked...........

·
2,486 Posts
imported post

swampfoxcws wrote:
I've tried to tell y'all how tuf those Metzelers are! That's a Metzeler Sahara, like on my dual sport.

I had the Metzeler ME 880 turn a nail crossways in the tread. That's what I'm looking for in a tire!
Yes, but what would have happened if it missed the knobby???? :action:

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
imported post

Scooter 7 wrote:
swampfoxcws wrote:

Yes, but what would have happened if it missed the knobby???? :action:
I honestly believe it would've turned it. I was looking my (Metzeler) tires over a year or so ago, and I saw what looked like a wire crossways in one of the tread grooves. I took the needlenose and started pulling at it, and it turned out to be a nail about 2 inches long. It had gone staight in, hit the belts, and turned crossways through the tread.

I pulled it out and ran the tire til it was time to replace it.

We all have to be comfortable with our tires, so I understand other peoples'preferences fortheir brand. I won't run anything else now. I did a lot of research before I started running Metzelers, and I chose them for the traction and construction. Being fairly bulletproof is something I discovered afterwards.

Of all the things I wish for in life, a flat tire on a motorcycle AIN'T one of 'em! :dude:

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
imported post

UBarW wrote:
:DSoooooo...THAT'S what Yogi was tryin' to say!!! Until now...I never really understood a single word he said...(but I helped him drink his wine!!) ;):jumper:

·
2,486 Posts
imported post

Wouldn't ya hate to be behind him when that thing decided to leave???!!

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
imported post

FenderHead wrote
:DSoooooo...THAT'S what Yogi was tryin' to say!!! Until now...I never really understood a single word he said...(but I helped him drink his wine!!) ;):jumper:

"And he always had some mighy fine wine!" :alco:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.