Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,285 Posts
Is that up above Red Lodge near Bear Tooth pass?

·
X-Roughneck
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is that up above Red Lodge near Bear Tooth pass?
Yea,it was 27* and snowing purdy hard for a while up there.Wife and I did Chief Joseph and Bear Tooth in one trip from Cody a couple weeks ago and just got home Tuesay evening.

I watched this bus go thru the tunnel on youtube before we left.
We happen to be there and watch it LIVE!.
He scraped both sides and had to back-up once,but he DID go on thru...WOW,it was HALARIOUS listening to a group of HOT Asian girls freaking OUT! "These guy too stoopud!" These man uh dummy!" "He too stoopud bring bus up to hill!" LOL I told them he knew what he was doing and NO he wont have to turn araound.LOL Never laughed so hard in my LIFE!

Attachments

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,285 Posts
We blew the rear tire of the bike at the top of Beartooth. Hit a piece of gravel just right (wrong?) and no more air in the tire.
Memorable trip. We were riding two-up, towing the trailer. Wife just got done saing, "Sure am glad we bought these brand new tires before the trip".
We rode from here to Yellowstone, up over Beartooth, than back comeing in through Walla-Walla (hwy 12 in Idaho is real purty!)..

·
X-Roughneck
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We blew the rear tire of the bike at the top of Beartooth. Hit a piece of gravel just right (wrong?) and no more air in the tire.
Memorable trip. We were riding two-up, towing the trailer. Wife just got done saing, "Sure am glad we bought these brand new tires before the trip".
We rode from here to Yellowstone, up over Beartooth, than back comeing in through Walla-Walla (hwy 12 in Idaho is real purty!)..

O M G ! I DAMN sure wouldn't want a flat UP there.My gosh! What did y'all wind up doing.I mean,i know you got the tire fixed or replaced but.........Dang,we went thru an area somewhere that was all flintrock.There were rocks scattered all over for miles and i tried to dodge every single one of them because that flint rock used to gash the tires on our rigs in the oilfield back roads.Pulling a trl i just got lucky i didn't gash a tire.Had to be a L O N E L Y feeling sittin on that mountaian.

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,285 Posts
A guy and his wife stopped to help us. Removed the rear wheel and they gave us a ride back to Silver Gate. They did not have a new MC tire there, but they were able to plug it. We then hitched a different ride (in a Subaru with a HUGE Saint Bernard in the back panting on our necks) back to the bike. We had the CB900 Custom then and it turns out the inflated wheel would not fit so I had to deflate it, reinstall. Then wrote a sign saying 'need air' and stood at the road side waiting. All in all it was a 4 hour delay or so.
My biggest worry was that someone would come along and push the trailer over the edge just to watch it go. Them hills are steep!
Now with the 'Wing I carry a plug kit and we have the on-board air.

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,285 Posts
It was warm out (it was in May) and the dog had obviously ridden in the car a lot. Very hot, humid, dog-breath air in the back seat. The dog hung his head over on to our shoulders the whole trip which is about an hour if I remember right. But, they were kind enough to give us the ride so we chose not to complain. At least I didn't get licked.

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
I happen to read this the night we spent in Miles City on our way to Yellowstone, last night we had wireless. Because of the weather we didn't take this route into the park, but we made it a day trip while we were there. Wow, what a road, what a view, just totally awesome. We're not home yet and I'm trying to figure out how to get back there!

The whole trip has been great.

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,285 Posts
It was a beautiful pass to ride.

·
X-Roughneck
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I happen to read this the night we spent in Miles City on our way to Yellowstone, last night we had wireless. Because of the weather we didn't take this route into the park, but we made it a day trip while we were there. Wow, what a road, what a view, just totally awesome. We're not home yet and I'm trying to figure out how to get back there!

The whole trip has been great.

No doubt!
I think the most scenic place we saw on the whole trip had to be the "Shoshone Canyon" on hwy 14 from Sheridan to Greybull!!!! If you haven't went home yet,i would check this place out.Your better half will go NUTS taking pictures and your jaw will drop when you round every corner.My god was that canyon cool for miles!Going WEST you go over the Bighorns and decend thru the canyon forever.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.