Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
When it comes to electrical issues, I really struggle. I read several threads about how to test my system and see what my issue is.

Just for future searchers, here are some helpful links:
Battery not charging

Good video:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...=zOG_nmnRT5k&usg=AOvVaw25-Fd1Cr5iaSWmfz-uKpPo

However, I can’t find the three yellow stator wires I’m to test. Anyone help?

FYI, I have a 1985 1200A. The stator wire solder fix thing has been done to it years ago, before I got the bike.

Also, when I rev the bike up, my voltage doesn’t change much. Highest it gets is 12.5, so I’m thinking it is possibly the stator or a connection issue with one of the wires. I just need to find those wires. Photos may help as well. Thanks!

·
Administrator
27,754 Posts
They will be coming up the left side of the frame by the left side of the battery, if they have been soldered and taped over you can access them at the regulator which is on the left side of the frame under the false tank.

Reactions: Jalamiller

·
Registered
1993 GL1500 Aspy 1980 GL1100 STD
943 Posts
Big Round Thing on the rear of the engine on the left side by the battery is where the stator is, you'll find the three wires coming out from that round cover.

Reactions: Jalamiller

·
Premium Member
2012 GL1800
713 Posts
Also, you have to measure the stator voltage on the AC scale on the meter with the wires disconnected. Measure between two wires at a time. 1-2, 2-3, 3-1. AC voltage should be above 50 volts between each pair.
Just be careful not to short any of the wires together.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts