Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Where are your favorite places to Ride in the United States?

2K views 19 replies 17 participants last post by  CrystalPistol 
#1 ·
Cruising across the U.S. is a truly unforgettable experience unlike anything else. That’s why we’re going to do a Ride America Series, where we'll focus on a certain state (or area) and highlight its offerings.

Coming soon...Our first featured location in the series will be, Hawaii.

Click the image below and give us your recommendations

See less See more
#2 ·
Bear Tooth Highway and Chief Joseph Pass Montana and Wyoming Beartooth is US Highway 212 between Red Lodge Montana and Cooke City Wyoming out of North East entrance of Yellowstone National Park Chief Joseph Pass is Wyoming 296 out of Cody Wyoming

Reactions: DBohrer
#3 ·
Southwestern NY and Northwest PA. This is rolling farm country with many, many roads that wind through the valleys and over the hills not matter where you travel. This is the home to Rt666 which is a fun ride, also RT 426 from Northeast PA through the corner of NY state and on to Pittsfield PA is a great ride. Rt 62 along the Aleghany River is wonderful. Just too many great rides in this are to list here.

Another great ride is Utah Rt 12. Spectacular scenery on a road that it seems was designed for motorcycles.

#6 ·
maine, journey out west , wyoming ,south dakota nova Scotia , new brunswick and soon to be trip to alaska!

#7 ·
Utah,( not interstate but secondary highways)not cluttered with cars and one can step on the gas if one wants too and a lot of beauty there too.

#8 ·
I enjoy cruising the Gulf Coast for the scenery , fresh air plus the beach girls are not hard to look at at all . then turn north into Alabama and do a country loop before returning to Florida via small towns along the line. the best of both worlds in about 2 hours though I skip looking at the girls when the wife is on the back .....

#10 ·
At the risk of sounding like Hank Snow singing "I've Been Everywhere", I've been everywhere man. My wife and I are constantly in awe of this great country. Where ever we have been on our adventures, we always love sharing our memories and how great it was. I especially love it when my wife gets all excited and says, "Remember when we almost got killed when this, that or the other thing happened." Point is, it's hard to pick a favorite when being dang near sucked up into a tornado is among the tops in the list. However, we have yet to explore the gulf coast states, but plans are in the making.

#11 ·
A big storm suddenly whipped up out of nowhere outside of Joliet IL, and tried its very best to blow me, my girlfriend, the 1100 and the camper completely off the road, needless to say we took the very next exit! Kudos to the 1100 for staying on the pavement!

#12 ·
We were up in your neck of the woods last summer. Just west of Denver we were practically beaten to death by a hail storm. My wife took pictures of some of the most beautiful mountains we've ever seen. :cam: We figure a lot of times, it's just as well to keep going and drive out of it than stop and wait for it to pass. Most of the time we don't even bother to pull over to put on rain gear because in a few minutes we'll be out of it and the wind dries us off in no time. However, those big storms you talk about are no fun to be in, especially when they cover an entire state. I have a weather radar app that warns me of any approaching storms and how big or severe they are. If it's something we'd be in for hours, we pull up the Allstays app and start looking for a campground.

#13 ·
There was no driving out of this one, we holed up in a tavern right at the exit for 4 hours until the rain let up. Found a campground about a mile away, and the rain returned just as we finished setting up the camper.

Rained and blew all night. Needless to say, the 1100 was a little sputtery starting the next morning (no cover).

#14 · (Edited)
Wyoming, South Dakota, Montana, North Dakota, Arizona, Wisconsin, Kansas, Iowa, Colorado...

Mostly, places that are reasonably picturesque with adequate roads and not to peoply.

Southern Arizona is a primo place to winter with a motorcycle.

#16 ·
Eastern Oklahoma, dang near the entire state of Arkansas, South West Missouri all offer some great riding.
Northern New Mexico and Southern Colorado will be visited again.
With that said, I anticipate that eastern tennessee and north Carolina will become a favorite. I'll know more come June!!!

#18 ·

Kitt Peak National Observatory, Tohono O’odham Reservation, West of Tucson, AZ.

Reactions: tamathumper
#19 ·
Any road from south central Pa. north to north central Pa. Lots of great riding through there. Rt. 6 from northwestern Pa. east across the top of the state. One of my favorite rides. There's also Rt. 33, Rt. 28 and Rt. 250 in Wv. too. Way too many to ride in that area.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.