Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Does anyone know who makes this add-on part that was on my GL-1500 when I bought it? I have seen it on some websites, but they usually only refer to the mudflap, wth no mention of the surrounding trim. Help!

Attachments

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

I have searched other sites as well for you and no luck.

May contact a vendor that has the centermudflapand ask them about the outer pieces.

Could probably make one out of a piece of polished aluminum though.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks for the quick Reply! It is made from a chromed plastic, but your polished metal idea is a consideration.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

The metal idea sounds ok but a question.

How does the part mount? Looks like the left side with curve is broken? Is that just bolted to the side bag plastic, if so what happens if it's metal and does not break like the plastic one did?
Would it take out the side bag?

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

If you notice, there are chrome button covers that fit over mounting screws. IT is just screwed in place with those. The cap comes off to reveal the screw head.
Thanks for the questions...

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

and yes, Chromo..the metal idea may create some problems too...yielding to suggestions...as I stated before, you can see them on the bikes that sell the mudflaps, but Wingstuff couldn't help. Inquiring at Big Bikes,...

·
Premium Member
5,382 Posts
imported post

I've seen plexiglass mirrors. Could you make new outer pieces from one?

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

That is what it is. It is a plexiglas mirror. I will check at one of the local plexiglas shops.

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Orrrr, if all else fails, you can cut the other side to match :) OK so maybe not. I do believe that Rudy's post is your best bet. I could not find it anywhere either, and I have all sorts of that stuff on my trike, well maybe not that particular piece :)

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Thanks guys, for the help.I will contact Rudy's tip and see if they can fab these pieces for me!:waving::waving:

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

micon1821 wrote:
Thanks guys, for the help.I will contact Rudy's tip and see if they can fab these pieces for me!:waving::waving:
They are simply a supplier although one of their customers might be in a position to help. Not sure you will want to pay for that. I know I'd be interested in hearing what it all cost in the end.

If you want to get me the right amount of new material and your broken part (preferably still in tact), I'll give it my best shot. No guarantees.

I may be able to use your bad part as a mold reference for the new material shape.

Also be aware that the mirror of the new part may have a different color to it than the existing ones have.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.