Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

The windshield on my 97 wing was in bad shape and I found someone selling a new one for $25 so I had to pick it up. I found the write up on how to remove the windshield and after 10 mins my old one was off the bike. As I removed the old one I found that someone must have removed the old one because the mounting plates and screws were not in the correct place and the middle screw was there but not the mounting plate. So I ran over to the local Honda shop and they don’t have and didn’t know where I could get one. (The normal parts guy is on vacation this week) So I hit up some of the local shops and no luck. I am sure the bike has been running like this for years and years so I may just put it back like it was until I can fine one.

So does anyone have an extra short mounting plate or know where I could get one?

Here is a picture of what the mounting plate looks like.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

FOUND IT!

Since I had gone in this far I decided to go on in and replace my bulb since one of my low beams were out. As I was pulling my headlight housing out it was rubbing on something so I looked down there and there it was, the missing mounting plate. It was under the headlight housing. So tomorrow I will get two new bulbs and two new running light bulbs also. Is there anything else I need to take care of since I am in this area? I did lube the highlight adjusting cable so it should be good.:banana::banana:

·
It aint rocket science
3,942 Posts
imported post

While you are at it check the pre-load for the windshield adjusting levers. Might as well get everything right. It is in the service manual. Or search here on the forum.

JD

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.