Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I want to wrap my exhaust headers in header-tape to pull some of the heast away from my legs, and the engine case (As well as protect my lazy starter motor). Anyone know where I can get some in the states? If you aren't familiar with this stuff, it is like a fiberglass ribbon 3 inches thick that you wrap around the pipes in your car's engine compartment. What happens is that it causes the heat to travel down the pipes farther, and not build up directly at the heads. Similar effect to ceramicoating the innards.

Anyhow, where can I get some?

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

philcsand wrote:
I want to wrap my exhaust headers in header-tape to pull some of the heast away from my legs, and the engine case (As well as protect my lazy starter motor). Anyone know where I can get some in the states? If you aren't familiar with this stuff, it is like a fiberglass ribbon 3 inches thick that you wrap around the pipes in your car's engine compartment. What happens is that it causes the heat to travel down the pipes farther, and not build up directly at the heads. Similar effect to ceramicoating the innards.

Anyhow, where can I get some?
Have you tried NAPA? They used to have the stuff. You can find it at this site too:

http://www.kevinscycleracing.com/exhaust.htm

·
Senior Guru
2,234 Posts
imported post

Any high performance auto parts jobber should be able to get that for you, but, another method is the have the headers ceramic coated. Does the same thing only it doesn't cause the metal underneath to rust (because the tape holds moisture), it actually protects the metal. Not outrageously expensive either.

Vic

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.