Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
58,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have messaged this gentleman and asked for his details, told him who I am, and he graciously responded with the following info.

IF, you are mechanically challenged, and really need to find a shop where your carbs can be overhauled, I feel this gentleman can help you out.
He has customers down under even, so he must be doing something right.

His Facebook page: Bear's Cycle & Restoration

Barret Bear Steck
Repair and Restoration of bikes
Carb overhauls

Madison, WI

Bear's Cycle & Restoration
N1639 Brunkow rd
Juda, WI 53550
608-214-9803
[email protected]

1975 - 2000
I do many Goldwing carbs, which allows me to charge less and provide the most consistent results. The prices below include all expected replacement parts and return shipping. Turnaround is generally 1-2 weeks.
  • Complete disassembly, no shortcuts
  • Ultrasonic cleaning
  • Randakk's overhaul parts
  • Replacement of felt shaft seals
  • Polishing of slides, caps, and bores
  • Proper mods for better performance
  • Wet tested, bench-synched, and set to factory base settings, securely packaged and shipped
GL1000 $450
GL1100 $500
GL1200 $400
GL1500 $350

I have spare carbs for hard parts if necessary. Additional services can include soda blasting, external polishing of caps, replacement of rubber CV diaphragms, and new Honda float valves.

the following posts will contain pictures for those who cannot access Facebook

·
Administrator
25,020 Posts
Looks like he does a nice job.

·
Premium Member
3,657 Posts
I find it strange that his name has never come up on any GL carb rebuild discussions. Weird!
Good pricing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently had Bear do a set of carbs from my 1990 Goldwing Aspencade that wasn't running right. Dropped them off as I live within 10 miles of his shop. Got them back within two weeks. Installed them and it started the minute the carbs filled with fuel and it runs great. Highly recommended.

·
Registered
83 Interstate
4 Posts
Hi everyone! Thanks for the mention. I love what I do, especially when it comes to Goldwings and carbs.
Since I started Bear's Cycle & Restoration four years ago, I think I've got nearly everyone's Goldwings in southern Wisconsin running just right. Despite my contempt for internet marketing and social media (I'm a carb guy after all), it's time to reach out. I started rebuilding carbs by mail only this last winter, and the response has been encouraging. I look forward to doing more good work for Goldwing riders everywhere.
I'm happy to give out advice and tips, and excited to share the love of riding Wings with you all. My daily ride is an 83 Interstate that dream of taking on a real trip one day. She's ready as could be, but I've got a shelf of carbs to rebuild.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Welcome Bear, I rebuild carbs for antique military vehicles so we are kind of in the same game but I think you will be seeing my 98 Goldwing carbs in the mail soon. I had them apart for cleaning a couple times but they are still not right, I got the Randakks kits for them but the arthritis in my hands is getting to the point that working with the tiny parts in those Japanese carbs is tough. Just curious, do you work on the carbs for the 1100 Shadow? I have a 92 Shadow that has been sitting for years and I am sure will need a rebuild.

·
Registered
83 Interstate
4 Posts
Welcome Bear, I rebuild carbs for antique military vehicles so we are kind of in the same game but I think you will be seeing my 98 Goldwing carbs in the mail soon. I had them apart for cleaning a couple times but they are still not right, I got the Randakks kits for them but the arthritis in my hands is getting to the point that working with the tiny parts in those Japanese carbs is tough. Just curious, do you work on the carbs for the 1100 Shadow? I have a 92 Shadow that has been sitting for years and I am sure will need a rebuild.
Email me at [email protected]
I'd be happy to rebuild both sets for you.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts