Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
He said to e-mail him so I did in Feb. and he never got back to me. I e-mailed twice and no answer so I ended up buying a kit and will do it myself if I ever get around to replacing the battery.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have messaged this gentleman and asked for his details, told him who I am, and he graciously responded with the following info.

IF, you are mechanically challenged, and really need to find a shop where your carbs can be overhauled, I feel this gentleman can help you out.
He has customers down under even, so he must be doing something right.

His Facebook page: Bear's Cycle & Restoration

Barret Bear Steck
Repair and Restoration of bikes
Carb overhauls

Madison, WI

Bear's Cycle & Restoration
N1639 Brunkow rd
Juda, WI 53550
608-214-9803
[email protected]

1975 - 2000
I do many Goldwing carbs, which allows me to charge less and provide the most consistent results. The prices below include all expected replacement parts and return shipping. Turnaround is generally 1-2 weeks.
  • Complete disassembly, no shortcuts
  • Ultrasonic cleaning
  • Randakk's overhaul parts
  • Replacement of felt shaft seals
  • Polishing of slides, caps, and bores
  • Proper mods for better performance
  • Wet tested, bench-synched, and set to factory base settings, securely packaged and shipped
GL1000 $450
GL1100 $500
GL1200 $400
GL1500 $350

I have spare carbs for hard parts if necessary. Additional services can include soda blasting, external polishing of caps, replacement of rubber CV diaphragms, and new Honda float valves.

the following posts will contain pictures for those who cannot access Facebook
Howdy do you know of any Goldwing mechanics in Southern California, San Fernando Valley. Thanks My email is [email protected] I'm Bruce

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Bruce,
you need to contact Bear, he is the one who does the professional carb repairs.

see my 1st post in this thread. I will email you all the info I have on file.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Bruce,
you need to contact Bear, he is the one who does the professional carb repairs.

see my 1st post in this thread. I will email you all the info I have on file.
hey john thanks, the 1983 gl 1100 Goldwing is not running, it was but, some guy crashed it and thought he could fix it, don't ask why guys an idiot. he messed with the timing belts, I believe I could replace them but I will have questions.
Seems it could be straightforward, line up crank, set marks, replace belts I guess. Just want to do it right. I am near Los Angeles no any mechanics out here? I think I asked that;) Thanks Bruce

·
Registered
7 Posts
hey john thanks, the 1983 gl 1100 Goldwing is not running, it was but, some guy crashed it and thought he could fix it, don't ask why guys an idiot. he messed with the timing belts, I believe I could replace them but I will have questions.
Seems it could be straightforward, line up crank, set marks, replace belts I guess. Just want to do it right. I am near Los Angeles no any mechanics out here? I think I asked that;) Thanks Bruce
may have carbs redone too.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Bear Steck has rave reviews from far away places, who have no other means of getting carbs fixed.
Australia, Sweden, Norway, Germany, and it goes on.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I contacted Bear about doing my carbs and he said when I was ready to e-mail him which I did, twice. Got no reply. I would love to have him do the work but I am afraid of sending carbs out on such a very thin wire of communication. I am sure he is trustworthy but if he is too busy to answer e-mails about jobs would he actually get the carbs done and if you sent them and you couldn't get hold of him then what? You are out the carbs and probably money. Has anyone heard of him since that initial contact?

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I just got off the phone with Bear,
hang loose, he is going to check in here now.

all of the info I presented is Correct, he validated that

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
did you read my post just before yours

I talked with him on the phone,

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
:p :p :p 👋 👋 (y)

·
Registered
385 Posts
I am not sure I am going to keep my Wing. A hip replacement that did not heal all that well, followed by an aggressive form of prostate cancer and associated surgery and another back surgery, all in a a year and a half has taken a toll on the body. I would like to trade for a trike but they are just so far out of my price range and people are not looking for the older 1500's anymore so the value on mine is not much. But I do need to get it running top condition so I can get the most out of it as I can.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts