Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Just changed the oil in my 1500 and dropped the front lower panel to get better access to the oil filter.. when I did, out dropped this loose screw with a washer (probably 4mm or 5mm.. didn't measure).. haven't a clue where it came from.. probably lots like it up in the fairing..

Anyone have a clue what things this might be for?? (just looked at the picture.. it is about 2x actual screw size)

Jim

Attachments

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

hi jim that looks like one of the screws 3 in total that hold the lower cowel on or its from one of the glove boxes 4 in total in each that may have droped down from the top

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
imported post

There are a bunch of plastic bits that come together around the knee air ducts. Yesterday I noticed I had lost a screw there, and that looks like it would fit.

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

put a drop of lock tight on it so it wont come out again. If you dont like that stuff, you can use thread tape!

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

agnogel wrote:
hi jim that looks like one of the screws 3 in total that hold the lower cowel on or its from one of the glove boxes 4 in total in each that may have droped down from the top
Yup, looks like the centre screw on the lower Cowling to me, but mine is black.

Might be a fairing pocket screw as well, as they are the same colour.

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thanks.. I'll have a deeper look next weekend... it is not one of the lower cowel screws (I have all three and the cowel screws are a larger diameter size than this one is)... by the fact it has a large washer, it is probably some plastic part somehere.. Jim

·
Honda Guru
2,054 Posts
imported post

It's one of the screws that are UNDER the fairing pockets.... or that hold either the right or left fairing panels. It's not the same as the lower cowel screws but similar.

It'll take a little bit of 'undooing' but it'll be fun when you find exactly what it was<G>

Ray

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
imported post

Howdy Jim,

It looks to me like the screw and washer that the Hot Air Lever uses to Pivot.

This screw is never tight as then you couldn't move the lever.

Wrapping the threads with Teflon Tape is how I cured mine from backing out.

But you should be able to feel the difference if the screw is missing unless it was there for years and someone had replaced the screw.

Good Luck on the Hunt.

Mohawk

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

Ok -I"ll guess it might be the screw that connects the side panel with the vents to the side tank panel. It's in behind the lower side panel & screws into a tab beside the vent below the CB. :waving:

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
imported post

Knew you had a screw loose, now the dern thing fell out!!!:shock::shock::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
imported post

I was thinking it looks the same as the front screen garnish screws that holds the chrome garnish located under the mirror rubbers 2 each side on early 1500s or 1 if it has the later garnish set up?
Derek:baffled:

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
imported post

I think you will find it is part of the screen adjustment system behind the chrome garnesh the is three of four that the screen rides up and down on

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
imported post

Engine bolt ?????

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
imported post

Great Picture.

On that picture the Screw with the big washer that is the pivot point of the Hot Air flap is not tight. The one at the 7 O'clock position.

That why I think it's that screw with the big washer

If you tighten the screw the flap wont rotate. But it needs to be tight enough to not keep changing itself.

That's the one I wrap a couple of turns with Teflon tape to keep it tighter.

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

Everyone, the screw turned out to be from the fairing inside right panel (access from the tunnel) and it has a nut on the backside under the right front fairing pocket.. It attaches to a bracket inside the fairing... probably rayworx above was the closest answer... Amazingly I also found the nut in the lower front cowel just where the screw was.. all is back together... thanks.. Jim

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.