Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm putting back the fairings on my 85 after a carb rebuild. I found 2 strange looking bolts in my bag marked "Fairing". But I have no idea where they go. Notice the deep recess in the head. You guys got any idea's. Thanks.

20210406_211408[1].jpg

·
Administrator
26,948 Posts
I can't tell what size they are from the picture but they look like maybe fork drain bolts or plugs of some kind to me.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't tell what size they are from the picture but they look like maybe fork drain bolts or plugs of some kind to me.

I was thinking it looked like it might have a groove under the head for a o-ring. It's a 10mm dia x 10mm length.

Drain plug ? Now I'm nervous,,,lol. My elderly neighbor wanted to help me take it apart. When he came up with those and couldn't remember where they came from I said I'll do it by myself because I need to remember how it goes back together,,,lol. I'm hoping they were just extra's laying in the fairing pocket or storage area left over from the po.

Nothing is leaking so I guess I'm all right. Thanks

·
Administrator
26,948 Posts
I was thinking it looked like it might have a groove under the head for a o-ring. It's a 10mm dia x 10mm length.
10mm head maybe, 6mm diameter? A 10mm bolt 10mm long would look rather stubby.

·
Premium Member
2,093 Posts
When I send my friends picture of fish I leave nothing around in the pic to compare, otherwise i put a dime or any other well known object in the pic.
Hopefully extras as you suspect

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
10mm head maybe, 6mm diameter? A 10mm bolt 10mm long would look rather stubby.

Ya,,, it's a stubby.

10mm x 10mm with a 14mm head. 14mm socket fits it.

20210407_075816[1].jpg

20210407_075850[1].jpg

20210407_075917[1].jpg

·
Administrator
26,948 Posts
Ya,,, it's a stubby.

10mm x 10mm with a 14mm head. 14mm socket fits it.
OK, I bet those are something someone threw in the bag to make you doubt.

·
Honda Guru
2,066 Posts
I’ve worked with Honda’s since the early 70’s. Motorcycles, Atv’s, generators and all other power products. I’ve never seen a bolt
from a Honda product that had that type of recess on the head. I think someone is trying to have some fun with you!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts