Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
88 GL1500

2 ports under the carbs, i have no idea were they went/go. Much Help, Thanks!

·
Registered
219 Posts
I don't think they have overflow ports just drains. You can put a hose on there to keep drained fuel off the engine.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
There are 2 4mm tubes that go to them they hook into a 4mm tube in front of the fuel tank, I just got done putting the carbs back in my 89 look by the insulator and you will see the tubes.

·
It aint rocket science
3,924 Posts
One hose off each drain to a tee then another hose runs down right side of engine and terminates in the area of where the battery spill hose went.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There are 2 4mm tubes that go to them they hook into a 4mm tube in front of the fuel tank, I just got done putting the carbs back in my 89
Question , do you recall seeing orange tag hoses from both sides of each intake(below carbs) going into a T then into a black box on the right side of the fuel tank?

·
Administrator
26,180 Posts
Question , do you recall seeing orange tag hoses from both sides of each intake(below carbs) going into a T then into a black box on the right side of the fuel tank?
That is the vacuum to the engine control unit, helps regulate timing.

·
It aint rocket science
3,924 Posts
That was a 1988 year thing. Step #13 and on deals with it.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Here's what mine looked like, with the cooling manifold removed.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts