Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hey Folks,

Somehow or another we ran across a batch of ShowChrome Accessories "Mini-Sidecovers" this afternoon. With no Info attached, besides the fact that they fit an '84 thru '87 1200 Wing, were not real sure where they belong in the world?

So, if anyone has a picture of a cover of this type on their Pride & Joy Wing, we'll just send you this cover for Free..

We've included a picture to help..

Thanks for any info Guys!

Mathew

Attachments

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
imported post

If you could include the part # which is on the package, it may help us identify it. It's not familiar to me...:?

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
imported post

GL1200 Accessories & Parts Showchrome Chrome Mini Side Covers These hard to find chrome steel Mini Side Covers fit GL1200 Interstates, Aspencades & Limited Editions.
Note: Will Not fit 1986 SEI Models!!
Item#: BB2220 Your Price: $16.95

Available now from Wingstuff.com #BB2220

How's that for service, eh? :clapper:

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Yeah,
We found those there.. I called wingstuff.com and they don't know where they go either? I've never seen one mounted but we bought them out along with a lot of other stuff from Show Chrome where we are a dealer. Show Chrome has misplaced all the info since these are obsolete.
They go on the left side, I'm thinking to cover the rear engine cover kinda forward, and below the sidecover of the bike.
By the way that price is a tad high from Wingstuff.. That must be from back in the day..

Thanks,

Terry

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
imported post

Well now you've got me wondering...I think I'll trudge through the snow to the shed and look at my bike, just to see where it might go.
[align=center]:D
[/align]

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

It's fairly big, well made and about 1-1/2 times the size of a sheet of paper.

It's a nice piece, comes with a single bolt and no instructions... I guess they figure we never read them anyway?:baffled:

Thanks for the help!!

Terry

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
imported post

I just came in from the cold and my next question was it's size and mounting hardware, number of fastening holes. I can't imagine where it goes, if it's bigger than a sheet of paper. I'm sure someone will be along to answer this one! Now I have to know!

[align=center]:cool:
[/align]

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
imported post

Hi tas, i think youll find thats a heat shield plate, used on some street drag bikes, they are as you know chrome, so maybe put in a box for selling onto chrome hungry honda riders, hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
imported post

Well the part looks familiar and I think I saw one on a 1200 today at one of the cycle shops in town. I don't remember where it was though. The part just looks familiar. I'll try to swing by there tomorrow and take a pic of it on the bike and maybe that will answer your question.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
imported post

I think it mounts over the valve cover on the crash bar, I'll still try to get a pic to clear things up.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Wow, That'd be excellent!
If you can get er' figured out and a pic, would you have a use for something like this one day?

Thanks a Million!

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
imported post

:?May be you could replace the side cover over the battery and rear master cylinder with them?:cool:

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
imported post

would it not fit to the lower fairing to act as a spark plug cover, i have the chrome covers over my plugs which is different from that, just a thought

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

Thanks for the replies Guys!
Would anyone with an '84 thru '87 GL1200 like me to send em' a free cover to test fit and try to find where this fellow goes?
We've been told the left side??

Its a Great Looking cover, extremely High Quality, were just not real sure where it goes..

Take Care!

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
imported post

Dimensions?
Does the bold go in a fold on one end? Right end?
If so, it is an aftermarket heat shield for the stator, just above the left peg.
If not, then I am as lost as you all.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

Hello,
It looks like the fellow measures roughly 10 & 1/4 Inches in length, and 8 & 1/2 Inches in width from extreme side to side.

There is a fold, it is in the right side of the picture.

We were told that it would go above the left peg, maybe your right? What do you think on those dimensions?

Take Care & Thanks for all of your help!

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

Hi Matthew,

Stupid forum software ate my post so I had to reconstruct it. :X

I'm thinking it may be similar to the engine cover shown in this picture.
http://gl1200goldwings.com/gallery/viewpic.php?pic_id=288
It looks to me like it would probably bolt to the rear faux tank bolt on the left side, over the topof the frame and covering the rear engine area over the rear upper engine mounts.

Assuming you are in Wabash IN, there is an active forum member in your area, (Big E),with a very nice 1200 that you could probably hook up with to see if that's where it fits. I'll shoot him a PM to see if that might work out. :)

John

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
imported post

Hi, hectic day but I got over to the bike shop and took this pic.

And it doesn't look anything like your part. Sorry about that.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
imported post

Sorry about the pic size maybe a mod can scale it down a bit?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.