Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hey you folks out there :waving:i have'ntread anything fromJason since the 9th April. I hope all is well with him. :clapper:

:stumped::18red::stumped:

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

He signed in today. Funny he didn't answer your question. Either hes going short-sighted or he just spends his time here in the tech forum. :)

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
imported post

I'm still around Redwing. I was away on a course for work for a while, all expenses trip to Denmark. Man was it cold over there, even with the sun shining! Ted is right, I usually make a beeline straight for the tech forum and often forget to check this part of the forum.
I have to say as the alleged senior guru that Redwing calls me, I feel that I'm needed less these days. The forum has come on so well these last few months and it's down to the many members that really know what they are talking about. This is the place for all owners of Goldwings and not restricting it to a particular model is a nice gesture. I remember when the GL1500 started to get popular in the late 90s and it seemed that if you didn't have the current model you were left on the sidelines. It's all too easy to foget the older bikes, yet the people who keep them on the road through good and bad times, expense and so on deserve all our support and best wishes.
Seeing people from all over the world here has made this a true international forum and extends the Irish smile to everyone. I'm glad to have been a part of it for all this time.
Thanks to the other gurus andactive members who help us all, it's made Steve's site a great place. When I was in Denmark on my course I went into a bike shop to look at some (very expensive) used Goldwings and would you believe it that the shop owner was well aware ofSteve Saunders Goldwing siteand forum. The wingnut is almost a legend in his own time, even though I believe he is a bit on the shy side! ;)I was in Colin Appleyards late last year (in the UK) and even they knew all about this site.

Bottom line here of cousrse is that I'm feeling more redundant. Nowadays when i login to see if I can help with a few problems, moer often than not I've been beaten to it by someone else. But I'll still be here (after all it's a second home to some of us, right Redwing)to help out when ever I can, thats what I'm here for. If you don't see me posting as often it doesn't mean I'm not available, sure I'm just a PM away. :leprechaun::waving::waving::waving:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Hey Jason :waving: Good to see you back again.:clapper: I have to keep a sharp eye on things here and make sure that you "Gurus" :skipping:earn that huge money that the wingnut pays ye. :crying:Yeah i have to agree that wingnut is a legend in his own time :clapper:

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:

·
Senior Guru
2,234 Posts
imported post

Welcome back Jason.

Couldn't have said it better myself about the redundancy thing. I guess us older Guru's are almost being put out to pasture by the quick draw new guys. LOL But, like you I'm still around if someone needs some good old fashioned tech assistance.

Vic

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

It really was a good idea not to have separate forums for the different models. On the GWRRA site they have it broken out and there's always someone telling someone else he's in the wrong forum. Makes it a bit unfriendly. The silliest part of it is that there is a lot in common with all models, not to mention a lot of jobs, timing belt changes, drive line stuff and engine overhaul not to mention techniques of doing things cross model lines.

Steve set this one up better than anyother forum I've ever been on and that covers motorcycle, auto, aviation and sailboat forums. Not to mention the folks on this one are a cut above (ahem, ahem). Go to any other board and check the general tone, lots of 'I know a lot more than you do' stuff. Not here!

So now that I've stepped off my soap box, I raise a pint and say "Hear, Hear" for Steve Saunders, Long may Wingnut's forum run!

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

·
Senior Guru
2,234 Posts
imported post

Hi Paul, you are so right about that competitive thing at some of the other sites.

Another thing that I don't see too much of here is the rudeness that is sometimes seen at other sites. I've only encountered it here a few times, but, it was obviously due to someone having a bad day or just choosing to be a jerk. Overall this has to be the friendliest, most informative Gold Wing site on the internet and I'm glad that I've been an active part of it for such a long time.

Keep up the good work Steve and Ciaran.

Vic

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Goldwinger1984 wrote:
Overall this has to be the friendliest, most informative Gold Wing site on the internet and I'm glad that I've been an active part of it for such a long time.

Keep up the good work Steve and Ciaran.
Hey Goldwinger1984 :waving: What about me. :crying:Dont be giving all the praise to these two guys. :crying:

:stumped: :18red: :stumped:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

exavid wrote:
So now that I've stepped off my soap box, I raise a pint and say "Hear, Hear" for Steve Saunders, Long may Wingnut's forum run!
Hey exavid :waving: You seem to have an echo with your post. :stumped:Maybe that is how you have a large post count. :whip:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

exavid wrote:
It really was a good idea not to have separate forums for the different models.
Hey exavid :waving:This forum is well set up.:clapper: No discrimination no matter what kind ofm/cycle you own, :weightlifter:well except for my Honda 50.

:walker::18red::walker:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Goldwinger1984 wrote:
I'm sorry Redwing. I forgot to add that you are the most entertaining top poster of any Gold Wing site and you add a lot of color and fun to posting here. It really wouldn't be the same without you here.
Hey exavid :waving: I hope you have read this mesg from Goldwinger1984. :clapper: Dont tell me that he has not paid his membership. :stumped:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.