Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I know this is about the dumbest question I have ever asked about anything but I can not find the radiator cap on my 1981 GL1100. I know where the overflow cap is but have looked all around the bike and cant seem to locate the main cap.

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
imported post

here is the dumbest answer, its on the top of the radiater:dude:

the cap is a pig to find, its on the right side(sitting on the bike)of the radiater, tucked up under the front ofthe faux tank, just above the radiater there is a tubular frame section, the neck of the radiater is just behind, you can get to it with your hand inbut is awkward, your better off taking the faux tank off to get to it, the syphon tube from the expansion tank go to the neck of the radiater just under the cap

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
imported post

You have to remove the false tank to get to it..on the right side up front..there are two 10mmm bolts on the lower front corners of the "tank" you can get to them through the lower fairings with an extension, then remove the seat and there are two bolts holding down the back of the tank. once they are out you can lift it off..you may have to spread it a bit to get it past all the electronics on the left side and overflow tank on the right side..it's a PITA ..be careful you don't snag anything.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks guys... I have a clymers on it and it showed nothing I looked up the hanes on here and found it but then I looked at it and it sure is tucked in there.. THANKS FOR THE ADVICE!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.