Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Since the demise of Mountjoy Motorcycles in Dublin:(, does any of our Irish members here know of a good place to get motorcycle batteriesin or around Dublinnow?

:action::action:

Phil.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

ah hmmmmm ? what type of battery are you looking for ? cheap ,expensive or juat a good battery ? let me know and I will see if I can get you a decent price for one ,Ciaran

·
Premium Member
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thanks midwing ...........

but some of the names on that list don't exist any more, and there is a few there that you wouldn't send your granny into!!!!!:shock:
Some of the others that I know are known to be extortionists, and the others normally say ''Oh, that's a special order! Give me your wallet and I'll call you in 2 months IF I manage to find such a thing.''

Mountjoy was an Alladin's Cave, and it was a shock when they went:(. Since then, searching for even the most basic of service items has become a chore. :2finger::2finger:

Phil.

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
imported post

I know what you mean .luckily I have been able to get what I need online but I would expect a battery to be expensive to ship.

( there's always Ciaran )

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Chippy01 wrote:
Thanks midwing ...........

but some of the names on that list don't exist any more, and there is a few there that you wouldn't send your granny into!!!!!:shock:
Some of the others that I know are known to be extortionists, and the others normally say ''Oh, that's a special order! Give me your wallet and I'll call you in 2 months IF I manage to find such a thing.''

searching for even the most basic of service items has become a chore. :2finger::2finger:

Phil.
ah hmmmmm ? what type of battery are you looking for ? cheap ,expensive or juat a good battery ? let me know and I will see if I can get you a decent price for one ,Ciaran

:shock::shock::shock::shock:

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

I think chippy is afraid to call into me ,everytime he does, he goes home with empty pockets and a rusty bolt :D

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Perhaps fearful you will sell him a Wing, like that US spc Silver one.... nice. :action:

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Have just got in a fully loaded 1500,with every conceivable extra :D

·
Premium Member
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

PM sent.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
imported post

Chippy01 wrote:
Since the demise of Mountjoy Motorcycles in Dublin:(, does any of our Irish members here know of a good place to get motorcycle batteriesin or around Dublinnow?

:action::action:

Phil.
Say Phil,

{No wish to intrude since it does sound as if you wish to keep the discussion to that side of the pond}

But as it just so happens I was struggling with a battery issue just yesterday. The darn thing being fresh & new [buton the wife's bike] hadn't seen much use [but some abuse as the cycle's a mid-'80's Yammy Virago].

The issue, simply put, was a lack of amperage depth even though the surface voltage was quite acceptable. It took two deep charge efforts but she came'roun'.

One of the localbattery vendors recommended I just "stay the course" on my initial charge/test effort as opposed to buying a replacement. My readings supported his take on the batterys' state ashaving just suffered from a little too much cold and not enough deeprecharge.

He stated these cycle batteries should deliver 3 seasons on average, no problem; if one is simply given to standard maintenance practices. Even offered to charge at their shop as a customer service if I didn't have the means or simply chose to!Didn't even matter that it wasn'ta battery they sold!

Any who, I figure we all can benefit from avoiding a "wallet dive" if we're given the benefit of the consideration so I thought I'd respond.

Now, back to searchin' for recommendations on 'Wing Brake Pads . . .

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

[align=right]
Chippy01 wrote: [/b][/align]
Whoho!!! has Chippy suddenly forgotten all about that battery he needed!!!:shock::cooldevil::cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
[align=right]
Whoho!!! has Chippy suddenly forgotten all about that battery he needed!!!:shock::cooldevil::cooldevil:
Now then Silverfox, why do you ask that question?? :baffled::baffled:

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Naw chippy will never change from his Valkyrie ,he is too fond of his uncomfort :cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

When you said you have just gotten in a "new" 1500 ..It wouldn't be that pretty Gold colored one now would it???? IF so send it to meeeeeeeeeeeeeee :action::action::action:...Nice..........oops that gold one is an 1800.....

Claude....

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Chippy01 wrote:
Silverfox wrote:
[align=right]
Only that you sent a PM to Wexy right after he mentioned the fully loaded 1500. :?:action::cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
Chippy01 wrote:
Silverfox wrote:
[align=right]
Only that you sent a PM to Wexy right after he mentioned the fully loaded 1500. :?:action::cooldevil:
That's because I only saw his replies at that time....

Work is the curse of the riding classes:(..and I was a tad busy.

Anyway, why would I want to downgrade to a fully loaded 1500?:baffled:
:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

wexy wrote:
Have just got in a fully loaded 1500,with every conceivable extra :D
Pics and full spec please Ciaran..............and I can try and tempt Steve.:action::action:

·
Premium Member
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

wexy wrote:
1. Naw chippy will never change from his Valkyrie ,he is too fond of his uncomfort :cheeky1:

2. I think chippy is afraid to call into me ,everytime he does, he goes home with empty pockets and a rusty bolt :D
No1....Wouldn't wantto change, there is only so much comfort these old bones can take.....:cheeky1::cheeky1:

No2....I go home with empty pockets because I go out with empty pockets, especially when riding :action:south of here...:shock::cheeky1::cheeky1:

What rusty bolt?:baffled:(I'll have you know I have a perfect matching pair!)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.