Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Bruce County Boy/Snowbird
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

My front driving light on the right side is sometimes working sometimes not. I took it apart today and I think I need a new plugin for the bulb.

One of the prongs was somewhat rusty and the connector was crumbling apart.

This is what is on the bike for lights

This is the connector I need

It takes a 50 watt 12volt bulb that has 2 prongs on the back of it. I don't know the brand name of the lights on the bike as they were put on by a previous owner.

Does anyone know where to get these connectors? I got the bulbs from Canadian Tire. I didn't see any connectors in the same area as the bulbs when I went in today to look.

·
Premium Member
3,634 Posts

·
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

Thanks Doug That is exactly what I need. Now to get it to Canada.

Just sent them an email to see if they can ship it here. If not will get it in Fla in Jan.

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
imported post

Hey Hawggy,

Just go to Home Depot, Rona or any lighting store. They are not exclusive to bikes. I've seen them at Home depot many times. Worst comes to worst, just by a cheap fixture and rip it apart and take what you need.

Tim.

·
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

Mr Magic Fingers wrote:
Hey Hawggy,

Just go to Home Depot, Rona or any lighting store. They are not exclusive to bikes. I've seen them at Home depot many times. Worst comes to worst, just by a cheap fixture and rip it apart and take what you need.

Tim.
Thanks Tim

Am going to Owen Sound tomorrow. They have a HD there. Will pick a few up.

·
Premium Member
3,634 Posts
imported post

Mr Magic Fingers wrote:
Hey Hawggy,

Tim.
Good idea Tim....thanks! I didn't know what name brand store's Canada has.

I may just make a run to our Home Depot or Lowe's and check it out as I have the same type lights on my 1500 and my brother's 1200.

·
Premium Member
5,408 Posts
imported post

There are a lot of specialty home lights that run off of 12 volt transformers and work just as well on a 12 volt batteries. Just check the loads. I used a few on my boat whenI had it.

·
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

nobbie wrote:
There are a lot of specialty home lights that run off of 12 volt transformers and work just as well on a 12 volt batteries. Just check the loads. I used a few on my boat whenI had it.
If you get there before me Doug. Would you post the part # for the receptacle? I will post if I get there first. Should be going tomorrow. Have a Harley Rider Buddy thats getting a new knee today in Owen Sound. Going to see him tomorrow because today he will be a mean SOB..

·
Premium Member
3,634 Posts
imported post

Yeah I will post it if I find it. I got some errands to run today and will swing by Lowe's (it's on my side of town) to see if they have it.

·
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
imported post

Snorebaby wrote:
The bulb is an MR16 (Idon't know if there is a difference or not betweenthe 12v and 120v connectors). I don't know off hand where to get the connector but a search on google for it may give you good results. EDIT: I found it (I think yours is round) here: http://www.buylighting.com/MR16-or-MR11-Round-Socket-with-6-Inch-Leads-p/b-32.htm
2 of those receptacles are $ 30.00 USmailed to Ontario Canada. The receptacle cost is 7 Bucks. Go figure. Shipping costs kill us here in Canada both to and from the U.S. I paid $1.03 Canadian yesterdayto send a letter to Patch in Witchita Kansas, for our patches we purchased.

·
Premium Member
3,634 Posts
imported post

I went to Lowe's today and they did not have the recepticle (or at least I didn't see it). They had plenty of bulbs...but not the recepticle itself. Go figure. Maybe you can have better luck than I did. Our Lowe's here really sux...the one across town is better. If I get over that way I will take a look.

·
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
imported post

Thanks

We don't have too many Lowes near here, they are more popular in the States. I will check at Home Depot tomorrow. Hopefully they have them.

·
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
imported post

Snorebaby wrote:
I went to Lowe's today and they did not have the recepticle (or at least I didn't see it).
Same here at Home Depot in Ontario. Lots of bulbs though.

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
imported post

Hawggy wrote:
Snorebaby wrote:
I went to Lowe's today and they did not have the recepticle (or at least I didn't see it).
Same here at Home Depot in Ontario. Lots of bulbs though.
Hey Guys,

I'll take a run to HD and some other places this weekend to check up on it. I'll get a stock number or something, maybe even a picture. I am 99.9 % sure I seen them at HD though.

Tim.

·
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
imported post

Here is what I am going to do.

I am going to Silicone the existing fixture with the bulb in place to get it working on the bike for now. If I have it shipped to my address in Florida the cost is $6.78 for 2.

Big difference than having it shipped to Canada.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.