Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thank you all for info.After reading it i have some ??? How many people did Airtex E8371 pump? What about higer GPH number? Any problems with it? How long Airtex E8371 pump will work?

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Myself, .... I'd spend the extra $ on a new OEMfuel pump and save all the aggravation (and unreliability) of trying to install something that wasn't meant for a bike and which will in all likelihood, fail in time.Do a search and see just how 'reliable' these fuel pumps are after a while. Why is it most run with an extraafter marketfuel pumpin their saddlebags?:?

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

Dusty Boots wrote:
Myself, .... I'd spend the extra $ on a new OEMfuel pump and save all the aggravation (and unreliability) of trying to install something that wasn't meant for a bike and which will in all likelihood, fail in time.Do a search and see just how 'reliable' these fuel pumps are after a while. Why is it most run with an extraafter marketfuel pumpin their saddlebags?:?
I really have to agree with this logic. I've tried going the cheaper way with other things, and most the time I end up having to the right way afterwards. So it ends up costing twice,,, and doing it again.

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
imported post

Winger77 wrote:
Dusty Boots wrote:
Myself,  ....   I'd spend the extra $ on a new OEM fuel pump and save all the aggravation (and unreliability) of trying to install something that wasn't meant for a bike and which will in all likelihood, fail in time. Do a search and see just how 'reliable' these fuel pumps are after a while. Why is it most run with an extra after market fuel pump in their saddlebags?:?
I really have to agree with this logic. I've tried going the cheaper way with other things, and most the time I end up having to the right way afterwards. So it ends up costing twice,,, and doing it again.
I agree too. Spend a bit more and go with the OEM.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
imported post

What psi do these in tank pumps run? are they for carbs or EFI?

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

jblack5 wrote:
Winger77 wrote:
Dusty Boots wrote:
I agree too. Spend a bit more and go with the OEM.
I agree too but my oem fuel pump not working. It is 96. I bought it with 3000 mi. on speedo. And it has only 22k now. I ask myself how good is oem? Also oem alternator went bad on same bike at 10k...

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
imported post

I put an automobile fuel pump on the 1989 1500 trike. The one I got was suggested on various forums. It looked very much like the OEM, and was only $100. Well, it laster for 200 miles and it died. It was a NAPA and their warrenty plainly says that use for anything other that what it was constructed for would not be warrented....so I was out $100 plus the new OEM...Bite the bullet and get the OEM!

·
It aint rocket science
3,942 Posts
imported post

scotterichmond wrote:
What psi do these in tank pumps run? are they for carbs or EFI?
They run about 2psi and are for carburetors. 1500's did not have fuel injection.

JD

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.