Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I put on a set of Markland floor boards but they did not come with the back brake pedal. The stock pedal hits the board before the brake grabs well. I know to move it up the splines but the way it is built I have to grind a good bit of the pedal off in order for it to fit around the peg bracket. By grinding it down it will work but I am not happy with it ground down this far so can someone tell me how I can contact Markland to see about getting a new pedal or has someone else come up with a fix for this? The Markland brake pedal looks more flat then round like the stock one. In this picture you can see the brake peda and how it looks flat.

Attachments

·
Administrator
26,541 Posts
imported post

Can you adjust the master cylinder push rod to raise the pedal enough for it to work without grinding on it?

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Dave0430, no I can't see anyway to do that. I have an extra pedal so I did take one of them and ground it down, I had to remove about 1/3 of it in one area for it to fit around the bracket. I put it in a vise and tried and tried to bend/break it, but never hard enough to weaken it. I never did came close so I feel it's still safe but I want to make sure. I can weld metal but not this stuff or I would just weld some plating to it to reinforce it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.