Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I know I have seen several posts from some of you guys that live in the Arkansas area. The wife and I are wanting to get a way for 3 days to Hot Springs in a couple weeks. I'm not familiar with the geography and layout of Hot Springs. We would like a nice place to stay sorta near the shopping and restaurant areas. Any tips? While there we are wantingto go see the American Gangster Museum but I'm also looking for tips of other fun and interesting things to do while there. So lets have it boys!! Thanks. Bobby

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
imported post

Geez I wish I could help you. I lived in Arkansas for several years, both up north (Marshall) and down south (Star City). I just went back there for 2 weeks in February. I went through Hot Springs, but am not really familiar with it

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
imported post

Sitting around the barracks at Navy Millington (Memphis) in the mid 70's, a spur of the moment suggestion by the guys that we go to Hot Springs sure sounded like a fun idea. With visions of swimming in lovely warm springs and relaxing for the weekend, we set off crammed in the back of a van. Near exhaustion from the heat we arrived in Hot Springs and looking much like a clown car I'm sure, we piled out...right into the center of The National Arthritis Foundations home town. With the exception of a single 8 inch diameter puddle , every single spring had been capped and routed to a bath house where rubes could fork over their hard earneds in exchange for some "healing". If I recall, the siren sounded at 4:30 pm indicating they were about to start rolling up the sidewalks. We ended up at a campground at the base of a dam on Lake Ouachita. Don't EVER camp at the base of a dam. That steady stream of water that you see comming out of the pipe and emptying into the stream that runs beside your campsite......is not drawn from the surface of the lake but rather from the cold COLD bottom. Come morning you find that at the top of the hill, at surface level, the morning is bright and sunny warm, but at the bottom, where you set up camp, there is a dense, cold, penetrating fog that whether you have arthritis or not makes you desperately want to go find that 8 inch puddle. I felt like such a rube!
Other than that...I don't know a thing about Hot Springs.
Hope you have a good trip.

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
imported post

I live 70 miles north of Hot Springs and could recommend a few things. first thing is the historic Arlington Hotel (501-623-7771) they offer packages with a message for couples this is a huge brownie point for you cause women love this crap. I didit and enjoyed the bath bath and rubdown more than i tought i would lol. but the best thing about Hot Springs is the mountains pretty place to ride. be sure to eat at Mclards BBQ WB

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

I live south of Little Rock, and such, am not really that familar with Hot Springs, however, if you PM Woodbutcher or DaveO430, I bet either one of them can give you all the info you need.:smiler:

Gene:action:

·
Premium Member
1,848 Posts
imported post

If you will PM me with your plans I maybe able to meet you and show you around a bit.

McClards is good... I prefer Chucks....

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/oa0l_CHPaT4&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

A1

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.