Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '98 wing and my wife and I were heading back to MN from after a visit to Mt. Rushmore, the Black Hills and Devils Tower. We were someplace in SD. I looked for a landmark to remember it by, and there wasn't anything around.

How about you?

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
On another MC I was sitting @ a dead stop in heavy commute traffic, looked down and it was racked exactly @ 100k. That was a Honda VF1000r. I put 170k on that bike before selling it.

·
Administrator
27,923 Posts
Sept 2nd 2011 Mt. Ida Ar. on my 08 1800.

·
Premium Member
17,087 Posts
It was May of this year and I was leaving my housing development going for a ride. I saw that the odometer had all zeros so I stopped on the side of the road to take some pictures.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Silverton CO... just 3yrs and 60k miles ago, seems like yesterday!

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
I was about here. But that was in kilometers...

Attachments

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
I'm 3800 miles away from 100000. Not sure where I'll be.

·
Large Member
788 Posts
Hmmm I will have to plan for that event. I only have 46,000 on my 86-just barely broke in. Better get to ridin':12blue:

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
My goodness some of you really put the miles on, wow! Dave0430 100K as of last September. Do you normally average 30K or so a year on the bike?

·
Disfunctional Nimatode
3,381 Posts
2 miles south of Pocahontas, Iowa on hyw #4. Sept 8th 2012, 1430hrs.

2000 GL1500........ still runs like new.

·
Administrator
27,923 Posts
My goodness some of you really put the miles on, wow! Dave0430 100K as of last September. Do you normally average 30K or so a year on the bike?

Almost, it was 3 years and 7 months old at the time.

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,275 Posts
I might be on my way back from a 'quick' trip to New Hampshire this spring.
I know, not there yet, but I get giggly.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
I have 97,xxx miles and change on my 96 SE and I wanted to bust 100,000 before the end of the year but I really don't think that will happen. I tore it down over 2 weeks ago to try to find an idling problem and found vacuum leaks under the carbs. I still need to pull the carbs. My wife had surgery on Octberer 31 and has been in and out of the hospital and she still has more to go. So I had to put the wing on the back burner for now. But that is ok. I am hoping maybe she can get well enough so she will be with me when it happens!!!!

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
September 2010 Key West, FL on a 4-corners trip. Actually it was a 5 corners trip cuz I also stopped at Lebanon, KS, the geographic center of the US

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Great to hear about all the bikes that get to 100,000. I think my riding for the season is about done. We had snow Moday, but supposed to be 50 this weekend, maybe I'll get a few more days of riding. I try to ride from April 1 to Thanksgiving, some years I can, some years I can't, but dispite the weather limits of MN I was able to put 14,000 miles on the bike this summer!!

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
23,326 Posts
100K in the parking lot of a Chinese restaurant. I rode around the parking lot for a couple minutes rolling up all nines and then took a picture.
200K happened on the way to Kingman. I was caravanning with a work crew, so I couldn't stop for pics.
300K will probably be the end of next summer or so, if the bike makes it. It's sounding pretting worn with 269K on it now.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
I was riding around the block at home with the camera around my neck. The odometer stuck at 99999.9 and wouldn't roll over.

John

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
On Dec 02,2001...the odometer on my 1996 Wing hit 100,000 miles on a ride back from the N. GA mountians. Presently at 193,700+...hopefully by mid March 2013 I'll be at 200K!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.