Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Where were you when you hit 100,000

842 views 18 replies 17 participants last post by  wingpilot96 
#1 ·
I have a '98 wing and my wife and I were heading back to MN from after a visit to Mt. Rushmore, the Black Hills and Devils Tower. We were someplace in SD. I looked for a landmark to remember it by, and there wasn't anything around.

How about you?

#2 ·
On another MC I was sitting @ a dead stop in heavy commute traffic, looked down and it was racked exactly @ 100k. That was a Honda VF1000r. I put 170k on that bike before selling it.

#5 ·
Silverton CO... just 3yrs and 60k miles ago, seems like yesterday!

#8 ·
I'm 3800 miles away from 100000. Not sure where I'll be.

#9 ·
Hmmm I will have to plan for that event. I only have 46,000 on my 86-just barely broke in. Better get to ridin':12blue:

#13 ·
I might be on my way back from a 'quick' trip to New Hampshire this spring.
I know, not there yet, but I get giggly.

#14 ·
I have 97,xxx miles and change on my 96 SE and I wanted to bust 100,000 before the end of the year but I really don't think that will happen. I tore it down over 2 weeks ago to try to find an idling problem and found vacuum leaks under the carbs. I still need to pull the carbs. My wife had surgery on Octberer 31 and has been in and out of the hospital and she still has more to go. So I had to put the wing on the back burner for now. But that is ok. I am hoping maybe she can get well enough so she will be with me when it happens!!!!

#16 ·
Great to hear about all the bikes that get to 100,000. I think my riding for the season is about done. We had snow Moday, but supposed to be 50 this weekend, maybe I'll get a few more days of riding. I try to ride from April 1 to Thanksgiving, some years I can, some years I can't, but dispite the weather limits of MN I was able to put 14,000 miles on the bike this summer!!

#17 ·
100K in the parking lot of a Chinese restaurant. I rode around the parking lot for a couple minutes rolling up all nines and then took a picture.
200K happened on the way to Kingman. I was caravanning with a work crew, so I couldn't stop for pics.
300K will probably be the end of next summer or so, if the bike makes it. It's sounding pretting worn with 269K on it now.

#18 ·
I was riding around the block at home with the camera around my neck. The odometer stuck at 99999.9 and wouldn't roll over.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.