Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
58,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today is the first decent day we have had in two weeks to mow grass...
Too wet to plow as the old saying goes.

Well, I waited until 12 noon and the grass blades 'felt dry' and the temp gauge was yelling 81* at me....

Started up the lawn tractor and ran it wide open for six hours....
unfortunately "wide open" is just the engine RPM for maximum blade cutting speed, it is not "going really fast" over the ground.

as it has a Hydrostatic drive, it is easy to control the ground speed..... but whew!!!
that grass was way too tall.....

Six hours was not enough, I am guessing there is another 1-1/2 hours left.... the daughter is out there on it now mowing up a storm.... good thing I installed those Super Bright LED driving lights on it, almost dark here.... my acreage is surrounded by tree 40 to 50 feet high... it gets dark here an hour before the sun is down.

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
I still gotta mow, but painting the house for 8 hours took priority. Masking windows takes time. I hate ladders. Thank goodness for my piston driven airless sprayer system.

·
Administrator
25,025 Posts
I got to mow soon but I like to let it get bad enough it feels worth the effort. :grin3:

·
Registered
463 Posts
I hate painting, hate it, hate it, hate it.....

I will do anything else, but I will not paint.
The US Navy ruined me for painting. I got out in 1978 and I can proudly say that I haven't touched a paintbrush since.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
That sounds exactly like my area AZ. I have about 2.8 acres and lots of tall trees to mow around. I literally spent all day last Saturday doing yard work, the vast majority of it on the mower.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
I hate painting, hate it, hate it, hate it.....

I will do anything else, but I will not paint.

I used to hate painting also but one winter that's the only job I could find and boy did I get good at it so good I never use masking tape anymore , so now I don't mind doing it

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Administrator
58,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can paint with out masking tape, my hands are a lot steadier than my wife's are.

but, she throws a fit if she sees me working without the masking tape up...

that don't mean I enjoy it, I don't.... I would rather do anything else but painting.

The biggest reason is my back, I cannot stand in one place more than a minute, and I cannot lean over more than about 15 seconds, or all billy hell breaks loose down in the lower lumbar region.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.